- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
- 07/31 BBC Proms 2016: reviews of the best Proms so far
- 07/25 Teenage tenor saves the day at Three Choirs Festival opening night
- 07/18 Classical music gets my pulse racing
- 07/15 Gregg Smith, Choral Leader Who Elevated Standards, Dies at 84’
- 07/15 Sakari Oramo: ‘The Proms should not be dumbed down’
- 07/08 Dada Was Born 100 Years Ago. Fish.
- 06/28 David Lang: anthems for doomed youth
- 06/20 Glastonbury to celebrate David Bowie with first classical music headliner
- 06/16 Rare Stradivarius recorded for the first time
- 06/12 Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Debuts Two New Works
- 06/04 Kronos Quartet Wants To Give You Free Music — And Teach You How To Play It
- 06/03 Yannick Nézet-Séguin to Succeed James Levine as Met Opera’s Music Director
- 05/30 Cello Nation:
The Piatigorsky Festival
- 05/23 Baritone Benjamin Appl signs to Sony Classical
WCPE About Us: Meet the Announcer
Meet the Announcer
WCPE relies on both staff and volunteer announcers to provide you with Great Classical Music 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. There are over two dozen announcers at WCPE whose voices don't always give an indication of the faces they belong to...
Lyle Adley-Warrick (v)
Ed Amend (v)
Sunday nights "Wave Lengths/Peaceful Reflections"
Jonathan Bailey (v)
Sunday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Weekday mornings, "Rise and Shine!"
|(v) = WCPE Volunteer|
Phil Davis Campbell
Weeknights, “Sleepers Awake!”
"WCPE Opera House" and Thursday night host of "Music in the Night"
Bill Dix (v)
George Douglas (v)
Warner Hall (v)
Tuesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Helen Halva (v)
Saturday Mornings “Weekend Classics”
David Wayne Hamelin
"Monday Night at The Symphony" & "Music in the Night" Mondays & Tuesdays"
Larry Hedlund (v)
Wednesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Stanley Ray Hoffman (v)
Andy Huber (v)
Monday evenings, "Monday Night at the Symphony"
Bruce Huffine (v)
Early Sunday mornings "Weekend Classics"
Greysolynne Hyman (v)
Haydn Jones (v)
"Saturday Evening Request Program"
Sunday mornings "Great Sacred Music"
Joyce Kidd (v)
Saturday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Tanya Leigh (v)
Friday Night's "Concert Hall"
“Weekend Classics”, "Classical Café"
Carol McPherson (v)
David Parrott (v)
Traffic, Substitute Announcer
Jay Pierson (v)
Peggy Powell (v)
Mark Schreiner (v)
"As You Like It"
Dave Stackowicz (v)
Wednesdays, “Music in the Night”
Program Director, Weekday evenings,“Allegro”
Paul Lewis Taylor
Steve Thebes (v)
Sunday evenings "Preview!"
Weekends, “Sleepers Awake”
Scott Will (v)