- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
WCPE About Us: Meet the Announcer
Meet the Announcer
WCPE relies on both staff and volunteer announcers to provide you with Great Classical Music 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. There are over two dozen announcers at WCPE whose voices don't always give an indication of the faces they belong to...
Lyle Adley-Warrick (v)
Saturday mornings, "Weekend Classics"
Ed Amend (v)
Sunday nights "Wavelengths/Peaceful Reflections"
Jonathan Bailey (v)
Sunday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Weekdays, "Classical Cafe""
|(v) = WCPE Volunteer|
Phil Davis Campbell
Weekday mornings "Rise and Shine"
"WCPE Opera House" and Thursday night "Music in the Night"
Bill Dix (v)
George Douglas (v)
Warner Hall (v)
Tuesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Helen Halva (v)
Saturday Mornings “Weekend Classics”
David Wayne Hamelin
"Monday Night at The Symphony" & "Music in the Night," Thursdays & Fridays "Sleepers Awake"
Larry Hedlund (v)
Wednesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Stanley Ray Hoffman (v)
Andy Huber (v)
Monday evenings, "Monday Night at the Symphony"
Bruce Huffine (v)
Early Sunday mornings "Weekend Classics"
Greysolynne Hyman (v)
Joe Johnston (v)
Haydn Jones (v)
"Saturday Evening Request Program"
Sunday mornings "Great Sacred Music"
Joyce Kidd (v)
Saturday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Tanya Leigh (v)
Friday nights "Concert Hall"
Some weekdays Co-host "Rise and Shine"
Carol McPherson (v)
David Parrott (v)
Traffic, Substitute Announcer
Dr. Jay Pierson (v)
Peggy Powell (v)
Mark Schreiner (v)
"As You Like It"
Dave Stackowicz (v)
Wednesdays, “Music in the Night”
Program Director, Weekday evenings,“Allegro”
Steve Thebes (v)
Sunday evenings "Preview!"
Saturdays through Wednesdays "Sleepers Awake"
Scott Will (v)