Composer John Williams to Bequeath His Life Work to The Juilliard School Library
Daniil Trifonov and His Teacher Dazzle With Dual Virtuosity
Hear How ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ Became a Music Showcase
François Girard’s production of Wagner’s “Parsifal” - Watch the Met Opera Stage a Sea of Blood
Barbara Hannigan leads list of Grammy Awards' classical winners
Meet the New Generation Leading Berlin’s Classical Scene
How Mongolia went wild for opera
Alison Balsom named as new Cheltenham Music Festival boss
- 11/27 100 Years Of Bernstein With Gianandrea Noseda
- 11/22 Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Silver-Maned Baritone From Siberia, Dies at 55
- 11/07 This cello was played in the trenches of the First World War
- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
- 07/12 Rising-star cellist Bryan Cheng receives Michael Measures Prize
- 07/04 Putting ‘Don Giovanni’ on a Truck, and Returning Opera to Its Roots
- 06/27 A Life of Toscanini, Maestro With Passion and Principles
- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
WCPE About Us: Meet the Announcer
Meet the Announcer
WCPE relies on both staff and volunteer announcers to provide you with Great Classical Music 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. There are over two dozen announcers at WCPE whose voices don't always give an indication of the faces they belong to...
Lyle Adley-Warrick (v)
Saturday mornings, "Weekend Classics"
Ed Amend (v)
Sunday nights "Wavelengths/Peaceful Reflections"
Jonathan Bailey (v)
Sunday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Weekdays, "Classical Cafe""
|(v) = WCPE Volunteer|
Phil Davis Campbell
Weekday mornings "Rise and Shine"
"WCPE Opera House" and Thursday night "Music in the Night"
Bill Dix (v)
George Douglas (v)
Warner Hall (v)
Tuesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Helen Halva (v)
Saturday Mornings “Weekend Classics”
David Wayne Hamelin
"Monday Night at The Symphony" & "Music in the Night," Thursdays & Fridays "Sleepers Awake"
Larry Hedlund (v)
Wednesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Stanley Ray Hoffman (v)
Andy Huber (v)
Monday evenings, "Monday Night at the Symphony"
Bruce Huffine (v)
Early Sunday mornings "Weekend Classics"
Greysolynne Hyman (v)
Joe Johnston (v)
Haydn Jones (v)
"Saturday Evening Request Program"
Sunday mornings "Great Sacred Music"
Joyce Kidd (v)
Saturday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Tanya Leigh (v)
Friday nights "Concert Hall"
Some weekdays Co-host "Rise and Shine"
Carol McPherson (v)
David Parrott (v)
Traffic, Substitute Announcer
Dr. Jay Pierson (v)
Peggy Powell (v)
Mark Schreiner (v)
"As You Like It"
Dave Stackowicz (v)
Wednesdays, “Music in the Night”
Program Director, Weekday evenings,“Allegro”
Steve Thebes (v)
Sunday evenings "Preview!"
Saturdays through Wednesdays "Sleepers Awake"
Scott Will (v)