- Special Note: Elim Chan wins 2014 Donatella Flick LSO Conducting Competition
- 12/19 School Finds Music Is the Food of Learning
- 12/12 Lydia Mordkovitch has died
- 12/10 Harmonic Ripples in a Watery World
- 12/08 ISO takes its show on the road
- 12/08 Heroic Onstage and Off
- 12/03 WCPE makes UK Telegraph's The Best Internet Radio Stations List
- 12/02 Grant Llewellyn awarded national music prize
- 11/27 Beethoven, ‘Cyrano’ and Samplings From Film Scores
- 11/19 How one Australian symphony orchestra protects players' ears
- 11/18 Graphing Gender in America’s Top Orchestras
- 11/18 Despite Offstage Worries, Onstage It’s All Artistry
- 11/11 Nonclassical, a London New-Music Franchise, Expanding to New York
- Special Note: A Major Mozart Discovery
- 10/31 WAO lose senior artistic staff
- 10/31 The Search for Mrs. Bach
- Special Note: Infograph: BSO 2014-15 By the Numbers
- 10/28 KC Symphony for Game 6, Joyce DiDonato for Game 7
- 10/27 John Barry’s Widow Establishes a Scholarship for Film Music
- 10/25 Did Bach’s wife write his finest works controversy
- 10/08 Australia Opera cancels Carmen over fears it promotes smoking
- 10/07 Read about the new documentary, "Maestro"
- 10/05 How to Make Music With a Whale
- 10/04 Handel & Haydn’s Bernard celebrates society’s success
- 09/30 Winners Chosen in Program to Aid Female Composers
- 09/28 Andris Nelsons Begins Tenure Leading BSO
- 09/24 Christopher Hogwood has died
- Special Note: Backstage at New York’s Metropolitan Opera! (Video)
- 09/16 2nd conductor resigns from Vienna State Opera
- 09/09 The Sixteen to tour with Monteverdi’s Vespers
- 09/02 Music Lessons Enhance Brain Function in Disadvantaged Kids
- 08/25 Frans Brüggen, Pioneer in Early Music
- 08/25 Czech Philharmonic Orchestra Belohlávek-Weilerstein review
- 08/22 Metropolitan Opera Reaches Settlement With Last Unions
- 08/19 Addicts Symphony
- 08/18 Metropolitan Opera and Two Unions Reach a Tentative Deal
- 08/14 Conductor Gerard Schwarz to record Season 2 of PBS series
- 08/13 Conductor Frans Brüggen has died
- 08/07 Louisville Orchestra in the black
- 08/05 Christiane Karg carries on performance with dislocated knee
- 08/04 Saito Kinen Festival to be renamed after maestro Ozawa
WCPE About Us: Meet the Announcer
Meet the Announcer
WCPE relies on both staff and volunteer announcers to provide you with Great Classical Music 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. There are over two dozen announcers at WCPE whose voices don't always give an indication of the faces they belong to...
Lyle Adley-Warrick (v)
Don Anthony (v)
Sunday afternoons “Weekend Classics”
Jonathan Bailey (v)
Sunday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Weekday mornings, "Rise and Shine!"
Fridays, “Music in the night”
|(v) = WCPE Volunteer|
Phil Davis Campbell
Weeknights, “Sleepers Awake!”
"WCPE Opera House" and Thursday night host of "Music in the Night"
Bill Dix (v)
George Douglas (v)
Sunday nights “Wave Lengths”/”Peaceful Reflections” & “Renaissance Fare”
Warner Hall (v)
Tuesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Helen Halva (v)
Saturday Mornings “Weekend Classics”
Larry Hedlund (v)
Wednesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Andy Huber (v)
Monday evenings, "Monday Night at the Symphony"
Greysolynne Hyman (v)
Haydn Jones (v)
Sundays, “Wavelengths” & “Peaceful Reflections”
Rob Kennedy (v)
Sunday mornings "Great Sacred Music"
Joyce Kidd (v)
Saturday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
|(v) = WCPE Volunteer|
Steve Luyben (v)
Community Liaison, Weekdays "As You Like It" & Monday “My Life in Music”
“Weekend Classics”, "Classical Café"
Carol McPherson (v)
Traffic, Substitute Announcer
Juergen Rathgeber (v)
Friday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Alex Ruzzier (v)
Sunday mornings, “Weekend Classics”
Jim Sempsrott (v)
Patty Smith-Pearce (v)
Dave Stackowicz (v)
Wednesdays, “Music in the Night”
Program Director, Weekday evenings,“Allegro”
Steve Thebes (v)
Sunday afternoons, “Weekend Classics”
Weekends, “Sleepers Awake”
Scott Will (v)