- 02/10 North Carolina teacher wins Grammy Music Educator Award
- 02/04 Mirga Gražinyte-Tyla to be new Music Director for City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- 02/03 HIP Festival Aims to Rediscover Forgotten Symphonies
- 02/02 Renée Fleming: 'Live cinema is a threat to opera'
- 01/29 Gustavo Dudamel and Youth Orchestra L.A.'s Super Bowl halftime show
- 01/27 New York Philharmonic Taps Jaap van Zweden as Its Next Maestro
- 01/25 Nigel Kennedy, The New Four Seasons tour
- 01/21 Live: Suspense and tragedy with the North Carolina Symphony
- 01/15 Six of the best classical guitarists
- 01/12 Pierre Boulez: 'He was one of the naughtiest of great artists'
- 01/10 Dates of key Mozart symphonies are wrong, claims music scholar
- 01/06 Pierre Boulez, French Composer (NYT) (March 26, 1925 – January 5, 2016)
- 01/03 Meet the woman conductor for the LA Philharmonic
- 01/01 “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is almost certain to secure John Williams his fiftieth Oscar nomination NYT)
- ♬ Special Note: Our 10 Favorite Classical Albums Of 2015
- 12/19 Conductor Kurt Masur, Leader Of Orchestras In New York And Beyond, Has Died
- 12/16 Jane Austen’s music collection published online
- 12/08 Hymnen review – Stockhausen rarity imbued with grandeur
- 11/30 Lang Lang and Philharmonic Orchestra, Festival Hall, review: 'A virtuosic insult'
- 11/24 The Boston Symphony's Joseph Silverstein has died
- ♬ Special Note: ‘You Us We All’ Creates a Baroque Vision of Modern Life
- 11/16 Robert Craft, Stravinsky expert, conductor and author, has died
- 11/14 At Metropolitan Opera, Support for Paris Sounds Out With Singing of France’s National Anthem
WCPE About Us: Meet the Announcer
Meet the Announcer
WCPE relies on both staff and volunteer announcers to provide you with Great Classical Music 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. There are over two dozen announcers at WCPE whose voices don't always give an indication of the faces they belong to...
Lyle Adley-Warrick (v)
Ed Amend (v)
Sunday nights "Wave Lengths/Peaceful Reflections"
Jonathan Bailey (v)
Sunday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Weekday mornings, "Rise and Shine!"
Alex Beary (v)
Saturday afternoons "Weekend Classics"
|(v) = WCPE Volunteer|
Phil Davis Campbell
Weeknights, “Sleepers Awake!”
"WCPE Opera House" and Thursday night host of "Music in the Night"
Jay Comi (v)
Bill Dix (v)
George Douglas (v)
Warner Hall (v)
Tuesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Helen Halva (v)
Saturday Mornings “Weekend Classics”
David Wayne Hamelin (v)
"Monday Night at The Symphony" & "Music in the Night" Mondays & Tuesdays"
Larry Hedlund (v)
Wednesday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Stanley Ray Hoffman (v)
Andy Huber (v)
Monday evenings, "Monday Night at the Symphony"
Bruce Huffine (v)
Early Sunday mornings "Weekend Classics"
Greysolynne Hyman (v)
Haydn Jones (v)
"Saturday Evening Request Program"
Sunday mornings "Great Sacred Music"
Joyce Kidd (v)
Saturday afternoons, "Weekend Classics"
Tanya Leigh (v)
Community Liaison, Weekdays "As You Like It" & Monday “My Life in Music”
“Weekend Classics”, "Classical Café"
Carol McPherson (v)
Traffic, Substitute Announcer
Juergen Rathgeber (v)
Friday evenings, "WCPE Concert Hall"
Patty Smith-Pearce (v)
Dave Stackowicz (v)
Wednesdays, “Music in the Night”
Program Director, Weekday evenings,“Allegro”
Steve Thebes (v)
Sunday evenings "Preview!"
Weekends, “Sleepers Awake”
Scott Will (v)
Pete Winn (v)
Fridays "Music in the Night"