- 05/23 Baritone Benjamin Appl signs to Sony Classical
- 05/19 UConn's top puppetry program collaborates with Boston Pops
- 05/17 Young Musician winner Sheku Kanneh-Mason is just what classical music needs
- 05/09 Facing the music: Paul Lewis
- 05/03 A Midsummer Night's Dream, Middle Temple Hall
- 04/29 ENO appoints new artistic director
- 04/26 Esa-Pekka Salonen Brings His Cool to New York’s Music Scene
- 04/17 Sounds and Sweet Airs: The Forgotten Women of Classical Music by Anna Beer – review
- 04/10 CSO’s Young Artist Competition highlights classical music talent
- 04/02 Classical music’s forgotten women
- ♬ Special Note: Studying a Virtuoso Violinist's Brain with MRI
- 03/14 Composer Peter Maxwell Davies dies aged 81
- 03/06 Nikolaus Harnoncourt obituary
- ♬ Special Note: How Chapel Hill Violinist Jennifer Curtis Became a New Master of Romanian Composer George Enescu's Music
- 02/22 " My horn died recently. The metal wore too thin and it lost its resonance. I feel like a widow."
- 02/16 Celebrating the Life of Cleveland Orchestra conductor Louis Lane (1923-2016)
- ♬ Special Note: Playing it forward: Norman Johns
- 02/10 North Carolina teacher wins Grammy Music Educator Award
- 02/04 Mirga Gražinyte-Tyla to be new Music Director for City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- 02/03 HIP Festival Aims to Rediscover Forgotten Symphonies
- 02/02 Renée Fleming: 'Live cinema is a threat to opera'
- 01/29 Gustavo Dudamel and Youth Orchestra L.A.'s Super Bowl halftime show
- 01/27 New York Philharmonic Taps Jaap van Zweden as Its Next Maestro
- 01/25 Nigel Kennedy, The New Four Seasons tour
- 01/21 Live: Suspense and tragedy with the North Carolina Symphony
- 01/15 Six of the best classical guitarists.
Quarter Notes ®
WCPE's Member Magazine
Quarter Notes®, the beautifully designed WCPE member magazine, is our gift to members every quarter. An informative guide to the upcoming quarter’s music programming, it contains music listings and columns on your favorite WCPE programs. You will enjoy articles about composers, performers, and announcers, local WCPE events, and highlights of the quarter.
Our goal is to enhance appreciation and understanding of Classical music while encouraging you to continue being a member of our 100% listener-supported station. To enjoy a a subscription to Quarter Notes, become a member of WCPE, the Classical Station. You may make your donation online via our secure server, call WCPE at 800.556.5178, or send your donation to P.O. Box 897, Wake Forest, NC 27588.
Have a look at the current issue of Quarter Notes. A downloadable PDF is available here. (5.6 MB Compressed PDF file.)
Thank you for your interest in WCPE. If you would like to receive a complimentary copy of the current issue of Quarter Notes, please contact me at the e-mail address below. I hope you decide to become a member and that you will enjoy your subscription to Quarter Notes.
↑ Back to Top