- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
- 07/12 Rising-star cellist Bryan Cheng receives Michael Measures Prize
- 07/04 Putting ‘Don Giovanni’ on a Truck, and Returning Opera to Its Roots
- 06/27 A Life of Toscanini, Maestro With Passion and Principles
- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
WCPE on the Internet
Listen on the Internet
WCPE streams audio over the Internet 24 hours a day in MP3, Ogg Vorbis, & Windows Media!
Listen for FREE via your iOS/Android Mobile Device!
For Android and Google Devices: Please click here from your phone/tablet!
For Apple iPhones and iPads: Please click here from your phone/tablet!
STREAM STATUS UPDATES:
( 07/10/17 ) 7:53PM EST — full service has been reestablished. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 07/10/17 ) 5:45PM EST — Our Ogg and Windows Media encoder are intermittently shutting down. Our Engineering team is working to restore service. Thank you for your patience.
Read More »
( 06/16/17 ) 12:05PM EST — full service has been reestablished. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 06/16/17 ) 10:43AM EST — Our Windows Media Encoder is currently undergoing maintenance. Thank you for your patience!
( 02/16/17 ) 1:40PM EST — All streams are back; we are monitoring and will report more later.
( 02/16/17 ) 5:51AM EST — Our MP3/AAC/Ogg streams are currently down. We are working to reestablish connectivity as soon as possible. Please check back here for more information.
( 12/21/16 ) 12:43PM EST — full service has been reestablished. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 12/21/16 ) 5:10AM EST — all Internet streams are currently down. Our engineers are working on the problem with iBiblio. Check back here for more information.
( 07/19/16 ) 1:38PM EST — iBiblio reports that all MP3/Ogg/App Streams are back up and running. Thank you for your patience, and please report any difficulties to the email below!
( 07/19/16 ) 1:38PM EST — We have reports of sporadic outages of our MP3/Ogg Vorbis/App Streams -- iBiblio is working on the problem and will hopefully resolve them shortly. Please check back here for information!
( 07/11/16 ) 2:30PM EST — Windows Media is back! Thank you for listening and supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 07/11/16 ) 7:00AM EST — Some listeners are reporting difficulty receiving our Windows Media Stream. Check back here for more information.
( 03/11/16 ) 9:00AM EST — Windows Media is back up and running! Thank you for your patience!
( 03/11/16 ) 6:33AM EST — We have received multiple reports that our Windows Streaming Encoder is down. Our Engineers should have it back up and running soon.
( 11/10/15 ) 9:55AM EST — Our Free Windows Media Service has been reestablished. Please report any trouble you're having to the email below!
( 11/10/15 ) 6:39AM EST — Our Windows Media Stream is dropping for some Listeners. Our Engineers are working on the problem. Thank you for your patience!
( 10/16/15 ) 2:22PM EST — Our iTunes stream is back up and running. Please alert us to any problems you may encounter at the email below!
( 10/16/15 ) 12:05PM EST — iBiblio engineers have reestablished connectivity for most of our Listeners, although iTunes is lagging for some.
( 10/16/15 ) 8:47AM EST — A number of Listeners are having difficulty accessing our MP3/Ogg Streams again this morning. iBiblio's engineers are working on the problem. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
( 10/12/15 ) 09:42AM EST — All streams should be up and running for all Listeners. Please report to the email below if you experience any difficulty. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 10/12/15 ) 08:03AM EST — iBiblio is continuing to work on the same server; Ogg Vorbis is currently down.
( 10/11/15 ) 01:55PM EST — All streams are functioning properly and showing green across the board. Please report any difficulties you may be experiencing to the email below!
( 10/11/15 ) 07:43AM EST — Our iBiblio MP3/Ogg Vorbis streaming server is down; our Engineers are working diligently to get everything back up and running ASAP. Please check back here for more information. Thank you!
( 09/09/15 ) 09:33AM EST — All streams are functioning properly and showing green across the board. Please report any difficulties you may be experiencing to the email below!
( 09/09/15 ) 06:55AM EST — iBiblio ( our Streaming Media partner ) is currently working on several problems with their media servers. Sporadic outages are to be expected on our MP3/Ogg, iTunes and Apps in the interim. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back here for information or write to the email below.
( 07/10/15 ) 8:33AM EST — Our Ogg/MP3 streams are experiencing sporadic outages this morning. We are working on correcting the problem as soon as possible. Please check back here for more information.
( 07/03/15 ) 12:22PM EST — Our Windows Media Stream is back up and running. Thank you for listening and supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 07/03/15 ) 6:22AM EST — Our Windows Media Stream is currently down. We are working on the server as you read this. Check back here for more information.
( 01/12/15 ) 9:52AM EST — Our Windows Media Stream is back up and running normally. Please report any difficulties you might have to the email below. Thanks for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/12/15 ) 7:43AM EST — Our Windows Media Stream is back up and running as of 9:30AM.
( 11/16/14 ) 9:03PM EST — Our MP3 Stream suffered a brief outage tonight. The problem has been fixed and normal service has been established.
( 10/21/14 ) 2:32PM EST — Time-Warner has re-established connectivity in Wake Forest. Our Primary Windows Media feed is back up and running.
( 10/21/14 ) 1:05PM EST — Our Time-Warner connection is temporarily down, affecting our Windows Media Stream. Please click our backup link below, but be sure to check back soon for updates!
( 09/26/14 ) 11:27AM EST — Our Ogg Vorbis and MP3 Stream Servers are back up and running! Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE. Please write to us at the email below if you experience any additional difficulties.
( 09/26/14 ) 9:15AM EST — Our Ogg Vorbis and MP3 Stream Servers are currently down. We are working diligently to bring you service back as quickly as possible.
( 09/02/14 ) 3:36PM — Full service has been restored. Thank you, Loyal Listeners, for all your reports, information and feedback!
( 09/02/14 ) 11:04AM Our Windows Media Stream server is currently being repaired. We will reestablish service as soon as possible. Please check back for more information, or write to the email address below if you need additional help.
( 08/11/14 ) 1:35PM — All servers are functioning normally. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at The Classical Station!
( 08/11/14 ) 11:02AM — Normal listening has returned for most. We are still working on the problem for some listeners in various locations, thank you for your patience.
( 08/11/14 ) 07:23AM — Listeners are reporting sporadic outages of our Windows Media stream this morning. More information pending.
( 02/13/14 ) 06:55AM — Listeners to our MP3 and Ogg streams will notice some static, particularly in the upper registers. Our C-Band satellite connection is currently down and we're using our backup FM system to keep bringing you Great Classical Music uninterrupted. Keep checking back for more information related to the repair. Thank you!
( 02/04/14 ) 09:36PM — We've had a few reports from Listeners having difficulty reaching our Windows Media stream. We are investigating and will report back as soon as possible. Please contact us with any trouble you may be having at the email address below.
( 12/12/13 ) 09:28PM — Google has finally cleared all iBiblio content and streams. If you are still receiving a Malware warning in any browser, please contact us at the email below. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 12/12/13 ) 01:14AM one of our internet streaming providers, iBiblio.org, informed us that they had temporarily been flagged by Google for having malware on their site. None of our streams has been negatively affected, but Google has not yet taken iBiblio off their Alert List. Please check back for more information as we receive it.
( 09/26/13 ) 9:56 AM EST: Normal services are up for ALL Streams. Please report any additional problems to the email below.
( 09/26/13 ) 5:33 AM EST: Our WMV Stream is currently down. We are working diligently to find and correct the problem. Please write to the address below if you have any further questions!
( 07/02/13 ) 4:47 PM EST: Our MP3 and Ogg streams are back up and running. Please write with any further difficulties to the address below for help!
( 07/02/13 ) 11:17 AM EST: Our MP3 and Ogg streams are down, likely due to flooding/weather events at iBiblio. We are working to re-establish connections and streams as quickly as possible. Check back here for more information.
( 06/28/13 ) 1:12 PM EST: Listeners using our old WMV Link has been reporting sporadic outages. Please try using our "New" ( Top ) Link if you're having similar difficulties.
( 05/27/13 ) 09:26 PM EST: Our WMV, MP3 and Ogg streams all suffered outages today. Please click the links below if your bookmarked URLs aren't working.
( 05/20/13 ) 8:43 AM EST: We have received sporadic reports from Listeners trying to access our WMV Stream via Windows XP/Media Player. We are monitoring and testing at this point. Please email ( below ) or call if you have any difficulties. Thank you.
( 01/31/13 ) 3:32 PM EST: We have an Updated WMV Link ( see below ) — this should allow most Listeners access until further notice. Please check back here for more information regarding these necessary changes. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/31/13 ) 6:03 AM EST: We can confirm that our WMV Stream is down as of 6:00AM EST. We are working to find a solution as soon as possible. Please check back here for updates if we haven't already contacted you directly.
( 01/09/13 ) 3:53 PM EST: All streams should be accessible at this time; we will be forwarding email to that effect to all of our faithful listeners who were kind enough to report the problem. Thank you for your patience, and thanks for supporting Great Glassical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/09/13 ) 11:22 AM EST: Many Windows Media Stream listeners are reporting difficulties accessing a steady output. We are investigating and working on a solution. Please check back soon for more information!
( 10/19/12 ) 10:51 AM EST: All streams are up and running. Please report any difficulties you may be having to the email below.
( 10/19/12 ) 06:17 AM EST: A number of listeners are reporting problems reaching our Ogg & MP3 streams this morning. Check back here for more information soon.
( 10/08/12 ) 10:42 AM EST: Ogg & MP3 streams are now back up and running. Please report any additional difficulties to the email below! Thank you for listening, and thanks for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 10/08/12 ) 08:33 AM EST: We've had reports that our Ogg Vorbis and MP3 streams are not running for some listeners. Our engineers are looking into the problem now. Please check this space for updates!
( 09/10/12 ) 11:32 AM EST: All streams are back up and running. Please report any continued outages to the email below!
( 09/10/12 ) 9:47 AM EST: We are experiencing a Windows Media Server problem this morning. We will have it back online as soon as possible. Please check back in this space for the latest information.
« Read Less
Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
↑ Back to Top