- 07/27 Operatic tenor Carlo Bergonzi dies aged 90
- 07/22 Is This Young Man The Next Leonard Bernstein?
- 07/14 Lorin Maazel, child prodigy turned brilliant conductor
- 07/14 Classical at the casino - ka-ching?
- 07/14 Classical at the casino - ka-ching?
- 07/13 Maestro Lorin Maazel - 1930-2014
- Of Special Note: Falletta’s Irish orchestra tenure to end this fall
- 07/03 Philip Smith, Master Trumpeter
- 06/25 Wanamaker Dreams Come True
- 06/25 Harpist Jasmine Hogan returns to Wake Forest for benefit concert
- 06/24 Mediations and Mutiny Backstage
- 06/20 Glenn Dicterow Is Retiring After 34 Years as Concertmaster
- 06/16 BBC plans primary school classical music campaign
- 06/12 Music lessons combat poverty’s effect on the brain
- 06/12 Rafael Frühbeck, 80, Passes; Made the World a Podium
- 06/11 N.Y. Philharmonic Names New-Music Prizewinner
- 06/09 $10m Stradivarius violin found in New York heiress' wardrobe
- 06/04 Justice Department to review music licensing rules
- 06/04 Frühbeck de Burgos to retire
- 06/03 Budapest Orchestra Has Bows Seized
- 05/30 Glyndebourne gardens: Perfect for Opera
- 05/24 Composers Struck by Homeland Fever
- 05/19 Music professor retires after record-breaking 67 years
- 05/13 Youthful Ensemble Turns Up the Intensity
- 05/08 Farewell to Sir George Christie
- 05/04 Can You Hear Me Now? Turn That Thing Off!
- 04/24 Vanska returns to Minnesota Orchestra
- 04/24 Berlin Philharmonic Starts Its Own Record Label
- Of Special Note: Hilary Hahn’s ‘27 Pieces’ at Greenwich House Music School
- 04/21 Lark Ascending tops classical poll
- 04/20 How This Renoir Used to Look
- 04/13 New discussion group talks about classical music
- 04/05 Soprano debuts in 2 Met Opera roles within day
- 03/30 Winners Named in the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions
- 03/17 The Pianist Teaches, Too
- 03/07 Art of Variations, Beethoven to Berio
- 03/02 Robin Ticciati: 'When I conduct it feels like sorcery'
- 02/25 Symphony guide: Saint-Saëns's Third
- 02/18 Violinist Vanessa-Mae Completes Giant Slalom
- 02/14 Andris Nelsons to Conduct Lucerne Concerts
- 02/14 No Rest for a Tenor
- 02/06 NC Symphony appoints Will Robin as its first Scholar-in-Residence
- 02/06 Stradivarius Is Recovered Unharmed After Theft
- 02/05 NY Philharmonic’s Archives Going Online
- 01/30 Violinist’s Triumph Is Ruined by Thieves
- 01/29 Homage to Alfred Schnittke at Juilliard
- 01/21 Renee Fleming to sing national anthem at Super Bowl XLVIII
- 01/20 Claudio Abbado, Influential Italian Conductor, Dies at 80
- 01/10 Wojciech Kilar, Composer for Movies and Symphony Halls, Dies at 81
- 01/08 Sneaky Judges Find Their Pianist
- 01/04 Lifting The Curse of the Ninth
- 12/31 Maestro at Work: Hold That Cough
- 12/26 That’s Vintage Verdi, That ’61 ‘Otello’
- 12/23 A Late Bloomer, 250 Years on
- 12/15 Beethoven hunter knows the score
- 12/13 Taylor Swift donates $100,000 to Nashville Symphony
- 12/10 What's the value of sacred music in a secular age?
- 12/10 La Scala Confirms Chailly Will Be Principal Conductor and Music Director
WCPE on the Internet
Listen on the InternetWCPE streams audio over the Internet 24 hours a day in MP3, Ogg Vorbis, & Windows Media!
( 02/13/14 ) 06:55AM Listeners to our MP3 and Ogg streams will notice some static, particularly in the upper registers. Our C-Band satellite connection is currently down and we're using our backup FM system to keep bringing you Great Classical Music uninterrupted. Keep checking back for more information related to the repair. Thank you!
( 02/04/14 ) 09:36PM We've had a few reports from Listeners having difficulty reaching our Windows Media stream. We are investigating and will report back as soon as possible. Please contact us with any trouble you may be having at the email address below.
Read More »
( 12/12/13 ) 09:28PM Google has finally cleared all iBiblio content and streams. If you are still receiving a Malware warning in any browser, please contact us at the email below. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 12/12/13 ) 01:14AM one of our internet streaming providers, iBiblio.org, informed us that they had temporarily been flagged by Google for having malware on their site. None of our streams has been negatively affected, but Google has not yet taken iBiblio off their Alert List. Please check back for more information as we receive it.
( 09/26/13 ) 9:56 AM EST: Normal services are up for ALL Streams. Please report any additional problems to the email below.
( 09/26/13 ) 5:33 AM EST: Our WMV Stream is currently down. We are working diligently to find and correct the problem. Please write to the address below if you have any further questions!
( 07/02/13 ) 4:47 PM EST: Our MP3 and Ogg streams are back up and running. Please write with any further difficulties to the address below for help!
( 07/02/13 ) 11:17 AM EST: Our MP3 and Ogg streams are down, likely due to flooding/weather events at iBiblio. We are working to re-establish connections and streams as quickly as possible. Check back here for more information.
( 06/28/13 ) 1:12 PM EST: Listeners using our old WMV Link has been reporting sporadic outages. Please try using our "New" ( Top ) Link if you're having similar difficulties.
( 05/27/13 ) 09:26 PM EST: Our WMV, MP3 and Ogg streams all suffered outages today. Please click the links below if your bookmarked URLs aren't working.
( 05/20/13 ) 8:43 AM EST: We have received sporadic reports from Listeners trying to access our WMV Stream via Windows XP/Media Player. We are monitoring and testing at this point. Please email ( below ) or call if you have any difficulties. Thank you.
( 01/31/13 ) 3:32 PM EST: We have an Updated WMV Link ( see below ) — this should allow most Listeners access until further notice. Please check back here for more information regarding these necessary changes. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/31/13 ) 6:03 AM EST: We can confirm that our WMV Stream is down as of 6:00AM EST. We are working to find a solution as soon as possible. Please check back here for updates if we haven't already contacted you directly.
( 01/09/13 ) 3:53 PM EST: All streams should be accessible at this time; we will be forwarding email to that effect to all of our faithful listeners who were kind enough to report the problem. Thank you for your patience, and thanks for supporting Great Glassical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/09/13 ) 11:22 AM EST: Many Windows Media Stream listeners are reporting difficulties accessing a steady output. We are investigating and working on a solution. Please check back soon for more information!
( 10/19/12 ) 10:51 AM EST: All streams are up and running. Please report any difficulties you may be having to the email below.
( 10/19/12 ) 06:17 AM EST: A number of listeners are reporting problems reaching our Ogg & MP3 streams this morning. Check back here for more information soon.
( 10/08/12 ) 10:42 AM EST: Ogg & MP3 streams are now back up and running. Please report any additional difficulties to the email below! Thank you for listening, and thanks for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 10/08/12 ) 08:33 AM EST: We've had reports that our Ogg Vorbis and MP3 streams are not running for some listeners. Our engineers are looking into the problem now. Please check this space for updates!
( 09/10/12 ) 11:32 AM EST: All streams are back up and running. Please report any continued outages to the email below!
( 09/10/12 ) 9:47 AM EST: We are experiencing a Windows Media Server problem this morning. We will have it back online as soon as possible. Please check back in this space for the latest information.
« Read Less
Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!