- 02/19 A Mogul With Muscle Takes Over Carnegie Hall
- 02/18 The Met’s 2015-16 Season Will Feature 227 Performances of 25 Operas, Including Six New Productions
- 02/13 Interview with conductor Charles Dutoit
- 02/12 Edo de Waart to step down after 2016-'17 season
- 02/09 Guitarist Jason Vieaux Wins Grammy
- 02/08 The woman who runs the L.A. Philharmonic
- 02/08 Simon Rattle at 60
- 02/04 Joyce DiDonato Takes A Stand At Stonewall
- 02/02 Viewing a Composer in a New Light
- Special Note: Music Garden in Wake Forest is all about learning and fun
- 01/25 Distilling Japanese Sound From a Varied Catalog
- 01/19 Sir Simon Rattle at 60: 10 of his best performances
- 01/11 Reweaving a Tapestry From Charpentier’s Threads
- 01/07 National Youth Orchestra of the United States of America (NYO-USA) China Tour Details Announced
- 01/06 Getting Off To A Good Start: A New Year's Puzzler
- Special Note: The Biggest Classical Music Stories of 2014
- 12/19 School Finds Music Is the Food of Learning
- 12/12 Lydia Mordkovitch has died
- 12/10 Harmonic Ripples in a Watery World
- Special Note: Elim Chan wins 2014 Donatella Flick LSO Conducting Competition
- 12/08 ISO takes its show on the road
- 12/08 Heroic Onstage and Off
- 12/03 WCPE makes UK Telegraph's The Best Internet Radio Stations List
- 12/02 Grant Llewellyn awarded national music prize
- 11/27 Beethoven, ‘Cyrano’ and Samplings From Film Scores
- 11/19 How one Australian symphony orchestra protects players' ears
- 11/18 Graphing Gender in America’s Top Orchestras
- 11/18 Despite Offstage Worries, Onstage It’s All Artistry
- 11/11 Nonclassical, a London New-Music Franchise, Expanding to New York
- Special Note: A Major Mozart Discovery
- 10/31 WAO lose senior artistic staff
- 10/31 The Search for Mrs. Bach
- Special Note: Infograph: BSO 2014-15 By the Numbers
- 10/28 KC Symphony for Game 6, Joyce DiDonato for Game 7
- 10/27 John Barry’s Widow Establishes a Scholarship for Film Music
- 10/25 Did Bach’s wife write his finest works controversy
- 10/08 Australia Opera cancels Carmen over fears it promotes smoking
- 10/07 Read about the new documentary, "Maestro"
- 10/05 How to Make Music With a Whale
- 10/04 Handel & Haydn’s Bernard celebrates society’s success
- 09/30 Winners Chosen in Program to Aid Female Composers
- 09/28 Andris Nelsons Begins Tenure Leading BSO
- 09/24 Christopher Hogwood has died
- Special Note: Backstage at New York’s Metropolitan Opera! (Video)
- 09/16 2nd conductor resigns from Vienna State Opera
- 09/09 The Sixteen to tour with Monteverdi’s Vespers
- 09/02 Music Lessons Enhance Brain Function in Disadvantaged Kids
- 08/25 Frans Brüggen, Pioneer in Early Music
- 08/25 Czech Philharmonic Orchestra Belohlávek-Weilerstein review
- 08/22 Metropolitan Opera Reaches Settlement With Last Unions
- 08/19 Addicts Symphony
- 08/18 Metropolitan Opera and Two Unions Reach a Tentative Deal
- 08/14 Conductor Gerard Schwarz to record Season 2 of PBS series
- 08/13 Conductor Frans Brüggen has died
- 08/07 Louisville Orchestra in the black
- 08/05 Christiane Karg carries on performance with dislocated knee
- 08/04 Saito Kinen Festival to be renamed after maestro Ozawa
WCPE on the Internet
Listen on the InternetWCPE streams audio over the Internet 24 hours a day in MP3, Ogg Vorbis, & Windows Media!
( 01/12/15 ) 9:52AM EST - Our Windows Media Stream is back up and running normally. Please report any difficulties you might have to the email below. Thanks for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/12/15 ) 7:43AM EST - Our Windows Media Stream is currently down. We are working on the server and it should be up and running approximately 10AM EST. Check back here for more information.
( 11/16/14 ) 9:03PM EST - Our MP3 Stream suffered a brief outage tonight. The problem has been fixed and normal service has been established.
( 10/21/14 ) 2:32PM EST - Time-Warner has re-established connectivity in Wake Forest. Our Primary Windows Media feed is back up and running.
Read More »
( 10/21/14 ) 1:05PM EST - Our Time-Warner connection is temporarily down, affecting our Windows Media Stream. Please click our backup link below, but be sure to check back soon for updates!
( 09/26/14 ) 11:27AM EST - Our Ogg Vorbis and MP3 Stream Servers are back up and running! Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE. Please write to us at the email below if you experience any additional difficulties.
( 09/26/14 ) 9:15AM EST - Our Ogg Vorbis and MP3 Stream Servers are currently down. We are working diligently to bring you service back as quickly as possible.
( 09/02/14 ) 3:36PM Full service has been restored. Thank you, Loyal Listeners, for all your reports, information and feedback!
( 09/02/14 ) 11:04AM Our Windows Media Stream server is currently being repaired. We will reestablish service as soon as possible. Please check back for more information, or write to the email address below if you need additional help.
( 08/11/14 ) 1:35PM All servers are functioning normally. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at The Classical Station!
( 08/11/14 ) 11:02AM Normal listening has returned for most. We are still working on the problem for some listeners in various locations, thank you for your patience.
( 08/11/14 ) 07:23AM Listeners are reporting sporadic outages of our Windows Media stream this morning. More information pending.
( 02/13/14 ) 06:55AM Listeners to our MP3 and Ogg streams will notice some static, particularly in the upper registers. Our C-Band satellite connection is currently down and we're using our backup FM system to keep bringing you Great Classical Music uninterrupted. Keep checking back for more information related to the repair. Thank you!
( 02/04/14 ) 09:36PM We've had a few reports from Listeners having difficulty reaching our Windows Media stream. We are investigating and will report back as soon as possible. Please contact us with any trouble you may be having at the email address below.
( 12/12/13 ) 09:28PM Google has finally cleared all iBiblio content and streams. If you are still receiving a Malware warning in any browser, please contact us at the email below. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 12/12/13 ) 01:14AM one of our internet streaming providers, iBiblio.org, informed us that they had temporarily been flagged by Google for having malware on their site. None of our streams has been negatively affected, but Google has not yet taken iBiblio off their Alert List. Please check back for more information as we receive it.
( 09/26/13 ) 9:56 AM EST: Normal services are up for ALL Streams. Please report any additional problems to the email below.
( 09/26/13 ) 5:33 AM EST: Our WMV Stream is currently down. We are working diligently to find and correct the problem. Please write to the address below if you have any further questions!
( 07/02/13 ) 4:47 PM EST: Our MP3 and Ogg streams are back up and running. Please write with any further difficulties to the address below for help!
( 07/02/13 ) 11:17 AM EST: Our MP3 and Ogg streams are down, likely due to flooding/weather events at iBiblio. We are working to re-establish connections and streams as quickly as possible. Check back here for more information.
( 06/28/13 ) 1:12 PM EST: Listeners using our old WMV Link has been reporting sporadic outages. Please try using our "New" ( Top ) Link if you're having similar difficulties.
( 05/27/13 ) 09:26 PM EST: Our WMV, MP3 and Ogg streams all suffered outages today. Please click the links below if your bookmarked URLs aren't working.
( 05/20/13 ) 8:43 AM EST: We have received sporadic reports from Listeners trying to access our WMV Stream via Windows XP/Media Player. We are monitoring and testing at this point. Please email ( below ) or call if you have any difficulties. Thank you.
( 01/31/13 ) 3:32 PM EST: We have an Updated WMV Link ( see below ) — this should allow most Listeners access until further notice. Please check back here for more information regarding these necessary changes. Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/31/13 ) 6:03 AM EST: We can confirm that our WMV Stream is down as of 6:00AM EST. We are working to find a solution as soon as possible. Please check back here for updates if we haven't already contacted you directly.
( 01/09/13 ) 3:53 PM EST: All streams should be accessible at this time; we will be forwarding email to that effect to all of our faithful listeners who were kind enough to report the problem. Thank you for your patience, and thanks for supporting Great Glassical Music here at WCPE!
( 01/09/13 ) 11:22 AM EST: Many Windows Media Stream listeners are reporting difficulties accessing a steady output. We are investigating and working on a solution. Please check back soon for more information!
( 10/19/12 ) 10:51 AM EST: All streams are up and running. Please report any difficulties you may be having to the email below.
( 10/19/12 ) 06:17 AM EST: A number of listeners are reporting problems reaching our Ogg & MP3 streams this morning. Check back here for more information soon.
( 10/08/12 ) 10:42 AM EST: Ogg & MP3 streams are now back up and running. Please report any additional difficulties to the email below! Thank you for listening, and thanks for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!
( 10/08/12 ) 08:33 AM EST: We've had reports that our Ogg Vorbis and MP3 streams are not running for some listeners. Our engineers are looking into the problem now. Please check this space for updates!
( 09/10/12 ) 11:32 AM EST: All streams are back up and running. Please report any continued outages to the email below!
( 09/10/12 ) 9:47 AM EST: We are experiencing a Windows Media Server problem this morning. We will have it back online as soon as possible. Please check back in this space for the latest information.
« Read Less
Thank you for supporting Great Classical Music here at WCPE!