- 11/22 Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Silver-Maned Baritone From Siberia, Dies at 55
- 11/07 This cello was played in the trenches of the First World War
- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
phone: (919) 556-5178
fax: (919) 556-9273
WCPE FM Offers Something New at Noon, Every Day in June
TheClassicalStation.org Highlights a New or Recent Classical Music CD Release
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (June 1, 2015)—WCPE’s Music Director William Woltz announces “Something New at Noon, Every Day in June.” Join WCPE every day this month at noon (Eastern Time) as we highlight a new or recent Classical music CD release.
“We’ll feature symphonic works, chamber music, solo piano, and more from established artists (think Hilary Hahn, Martha Argerich, Plácido Domingo),” offers Woltz. “There will also be some exciting newer performers (mandolinist Avi Avital, pianist Alice Sara Ott, violinist Vilde Frang.) Count on hearing guitarist Jason Vieaux, pianists Jonathan Biss and David Fray, and a few surprises, too.”
WCPE will keep the Classical music experience fresh for you. And if you find that your curiosity has been piqued just a bit, then you’ll want to listen to Preview!, our weekly showcase of new releases and arts news airing every Sunday from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. ET on WCPE, The Classical Station.
“We can’t wait to open the mail each day to see what’s new from the record companies!” concludes Woltz.
Also the All Request Friday Program on June 26 enables listeners to add their favorite composers and performers to the playlist. Please click here to make your contribution to the ARF request page.
WCPE can be heard worldwide, 24/7, via the Web in multiple streaming formats, including the next generation IPv6. Visit TheClassicalStation.org/internet.shtml to begin listening online.
Across North America, WCPE can be heard through cable television and radio transmission affiliates. For a complete list of affiliates and cable broadcasters, visit our Rebroadcasters page and our Cable Affiliates page. In central North Carolina and southern Virginia, WCPE is found on the radio at 89.7 FM. For more information on WCPE, or to print a downloadable version of Quarter Notes, the WCPE member’s magazine, please visit TheClassicalStation.Org.
↑ Back to Top