- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
- 07/12 Rising-star cellist Bryan Cheng receives Michael Measures Prize
- 07/04 Putting ‘Don Giovanni’ on a Truck, and Returning Opera to Its Roots
- 06/27 A Life of Toscanini, Maestro With Passion and Principles
- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
Thank You Gifts
We're happy to send you a thank you gift ("premium") when you make your pledge of support.
WCPE members receive the WCPE Program Guide Quarter Notes for a full year.
When your contribution is at least $50.00, you may, in lieu of choosing a gift, designate that 10% of your donation go toward the WCPE Education Fund. Please check the appropriate box in the Secure Pledge Form!
- Weekly over-the-air announcement
Monthly over-the-air announcement ($500+)
S078 - Zubin Mehta & The Israel Philharmonic Orchestra - Celebrating Zubin Mehta's 40th Anniversary as music director of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, this 12 disc boxed set features 37 live recordings from 1963—2006. (Limited quantities). 5 discs FMV = $59.99
(or $20 per month Sustaining Member)
Hooded Sweatshirt - Long sleeves, full - zip, cotton/poly blend. Limited! Sizes: S, M FMV = $40.00
CD Set #9 Beethoven, The Symphonies, 5 discs- John Eliot Gardiner leads the Revolutionary and Romantic Orchestra in the symphonies of Beethoven, using performance practices that reflect what the composer likely intended at the time of composition. Includes all 9 symphonies. FMV = $29.98
DVD Set #1 Bizet, Les Pecheurs de perles (The Pearl Fishers) - A beautiful performance of this masterpiece, featuring soprano Patrizia Ciofri and bass Roberto Tagliavini, with Gabriele Ferro leading the San Carlo Theatre Orchestra of Naples. FMV = $24.99
Day Dedication - Special occasion message to be broadcast four times any day you choose.
CD #8 - Mutterissimo, The Art of Anne-Sophie Mutter
One of the greatest violinists of our time, Mutter personally chose these highlights from her career, from Beethoven and Tchaikovsky to Gershwin and Prokofiev. FMV = $22.98
Musical Instrument Notecards -
Two sets of the Musical Instrument Notecards available at the $100 donation level. FMV - $24.00
(or $12.50 per month Sustaining Member)
CD #7 - Thibaut Garcia, Leyendas
French-born but with deep Spanish roots, guitarist Garcia celebrates his heritage performing favorite works by Albeniz, de Falla,Tarrega and more. FMV = $17.98
Maroon Long Sleeve T-shirt -
A long sleeve 100% cotton classic T-shirt in burgundy, featuring the WCPE logo. Available sizes: M, L, XL, 2XL
FMV = $14.95
Soup Mug & Spoon -
We still have
a few of these left. Ceramic 12 oz
FMV = $9.95
Canvas Tote Bag - Ivory w/ navy
logo & trim, double carry handles.
FMV = $19.95
(or $10 per month Sustaining Member)
Choose one of the following CDs:
CD #1 - Hans Zimmer, The Classics - Some of Zimmer's bestloved movie themes arranged and recorded by stars of the classical music world: Lang Lang, the Piano Guys, 2Cellos and more. FMV = $11.95
CD #2 - For the Love of Brahms - Violinist Joshua Bell and cellist Steven Isserlis team with the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields to play Brahms' Double Concerto. Pianist Jeremy Denk joins them for Brahms' Piano Trio in B, Op. 8. FMV = $11.95
CD #3 - Hymns from King's Choir of King's College, Cambridge, sings 20 new arrangements by director Stephen Cleobury of favorite hymns from throughout the church year.. FMV = $14.99
CD #4 - Anna Netrebko, Verismo The Russian soprano plumbs the musical and psychological depths of arias by Puccini, Leoncavallo, Giordano & others. Sir Antonio Pappano leads the orchestra of the Santa Cecilia Academy, Rome. FMV = $16.98
CD #5 - Albrecht Mayer, Vocalise Oboist Albrecht Mayer shares his love of melody in this collection of beautiful and relaxing favorites from Debussy, Faure, Mozart, Rachmaninoff and others. 2 discs FMV = $13.98
CD #6 - Seong-Jin Cho Chopin Piano Concerto No. 1 and Ballades, Winner of the 17th International Chopin Piano Competition in 2015, Seong-Jin Cho shines in his first studio release, with Gianandrea Noseda leading the London Symphony Orchestra. 2 discs FMV = $13.98
Composer/Signature 11 oz Mug in Almond
Beige - Ceramic coffee/tea mug with Beethoven,
J.S. Bach, & Mozart. Microwavable. You
will receive one mug! The single mug features
all three composers.
FMV = $9.95.
WCPE Tee Shirt - Pistachio
green with logo screen- printed in
white. Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL.
FMV = $12.00..
Set of 4 Musical Instrument Notecards +
- A set of four colorful notecards reproduced from original watercolors painted for WCPE by a local artist: Barbara Crockett. Envelopes included. FMV = $12.00
WCPE Baseball Cap -
Embroidered logo in tan. FMV = $9.95
($6.25 per month Sustaining Member)
New! LED Flashlight - Plastic, with 3 AAA batteries. FMV = $9.95
WCPE Mousepad -
In "pleather" with embossed logo.
FMV = $9.95
(or $5.00 per month Sustaining Member)
Car Magnet -
Peacock blue, Size: 3-3/8” x 5-3/4” oval shape, WCPE logo in white.
FMV = $5.00
WCPE Grocery Shopping Bag -
Forest green, reinforced, recyclable. FMV = $1.95
↑ Back to Top