- 11/27 100 Years Of Bernstein With Gianandrea Noseda
- 11/22 Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Silver-Maned Baritone From Siberia, Dies at 55
- 11/07 This cello was played in the trenches of the First World War
- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
- 07/12 Rising-star cellist Bryan Cheng receives Michael Measures Prize
- 07/04 Putting ‘Don Giovanni’ on a Truck, and Returning Opera to Its Roots
- 06/27 A Life of Toscanini, Maestro With Passion and Principles
- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
Thank You Gifts
We're happy to send you a thank you gift ("premium") when you make your pledge of support.
WCPE members receive the WCPE Program Guide Quarter Notes for a full year.
When your contribution is at least $50.00, you may, in lieu of choosing a gift, designate that 10% of your donation go toward the WCPE Education Fund. Please check the appropriate box in the Secure Pledge Form!
- 52 Weekly over-the-air announcements.
12 Monthly over-the-air announcements.
(or $20 per month Sustaining Member)
CD # 8 - John Williams & Steven Spielberg, The Ultimate Collection:- Director Spielberg and composer Williams have given us unforgettable movie and music experiences for many years. Hear the best of that extraordinary collaboration in this set of 3 CDs and one DVD. FMV = $24.95
CD # 9 - Mendelssohn, Symphonies 1 - Conductor Yannick Nezet- Seguin and the Chamber Orchestra of Europe mark the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation by recording Mendelssohn's complete symphonies including his "Reformation Symphony" (No. 5). 3 discs. FMV = $29.95
Day Dedication - Special occasion message to be broadcast four times any day you choose.
CD # 7 - Rachmaninoff, All Night Vigil, Op 37 -
This powerful, moving composition for a cappella chorus was one of Rachmaninoff's favorites among his own works. Conductor Charles Bruffy leads the Kansas City and Phoenix chorales in a performance that will leave you breathless. FMV = $19.95
DVD # 1 - Puccini: Turandot -
Soprano Nina Stemme may be the best Turandot in a long time in this performance with the La Scala Theatre Orchestra, led by Riccardo Chailly. Puccini's unfinished last act completed by Luciano Berio. FMV = $24.95
Musical Instrument Notecards -
Two sets of the Musical Instrument Notecards available at the $100 donation level. FMV - $24.00
(or $12.50 per month Sustaining Member)
New! Beethoven's Chamber Music -
A Listener's Guide, softcover book + CD, from Unlocking the Masters series. FMV = $22.99
Long Sleeve WCPE Tee Shirt -
Burgundy, logo screen printed in white. Sizes: M - XL.
FMV = $14.95
New! CD # 6 - A Sousa Celebration - A thrilling collection of favorite marches plus some less familiar works by John Philip Sousa. Kristjan Jarvi leads the Royal Scottish National Orchestra.
FMV = $19.95
CD Set #S032 - A String of Pearls - Selections celebrating the first 30 years of Great Classical Music on WCPE. Chosen by our listeners, the set includes music by Mozart, Puccini, Beethoven, Copland, Wagner, Faure, Grieg, Massenet, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, Holst, Borodin, and more! An "oldie but goodie" first offered in the fall of 2008. Available until we run out!
FMV = $18.98
(or $10 per month Sustaining Member)
Choose one of the following CDs:
CD #1 - Explosive Classics - Exciting performances of some of the greatest blockbuster orchestral pieces ever written, including works by Mussorgsky, Prokofiev, Verdi and Holst. FMV = $11.95
CD #2 - Yo-Yo Ma Plays Bach - Nineteen calming selections from Satie, Schubert, Debussy, Dvorak and more. Perfect for any time you need to unwind. FMV = $11.95
CD #3 - Relaxation, Soothing Sounds of Classical Music Nineteen calming selections from Satie, Schubert, Debussy, Dvorak and more. Perfect for any time you need to unwind. FMV = $5.99
CD #4 - Simone Dinnerstein, Mozart in Havana - Ms. Dinnerstein plays Concertos No. 21 and No. 23 with the Havana Lyceum Orchestra. FMV = $11.95
CD #5 - Pretty Yende, A Journey - From a remote village in South Africa to the stage of the MET, Ms. Yende has followed a fairy tale path to become one of today's most exciting young sopranos. Her first solo CD features arias by Bellini, Rossini and Gounod. FMV = $11.95
Composer/Signature 11 oz Mug in Almond
Beige - Ceramic coffee/tea mug with Beethoven,
J.S. Bach, & Mozart. Microwavable. You
will receive one mug! The single mug features
all three composers.
FMV = $9.95.
WCPE Tee Shirt - Pistachio
green with logo screen- printed in
white. Sizes: M, L, XL, XXL.
FMV = $12.00..
Set of 4 Musical Instrument Notecards +
- A set of four colorful notecards reproduced from original watercolors painted for WCPE by a local artist: Barbara Crockett. Envelopes included. FMV = $12.00
WCPE Baseball Cap -
Embroidered logo in tan. FMV = $9.95
($6.25 per month Sustaining Member)
New! LED Flashlight - Plastic, with 3 AAA batteries. FMV = $9.95
(or $5.00 per month Sustaining Member)
Car Magnet -
Peacock blue, Size: 3-3/8” x 5-3/4” oval shape, WCPE logo in white.
FMV = $5.00
↑ Back to Top