- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
WCPE News: Press Releases
phone: (919) 556-5178
fax: (919) 556-9273
WCPE-FM Education Fund Announces New Grant Application Period for 2017-2018 Season
WAKE FOREST, NC (November 15, 2016) – WCPE-The Classical Station is pleased to announce the dates of its Education Fund grant application period for non-profit music entities within the listening footprint of the station. Grants are made possible by supporters of radio station WCPE who specify 10 percent of their gift to the station is to be directed to the Education Fund.
The deadline to submit the application is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2017. All applications and required accompanying documents should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via surface mail to Ms. Patricia Crane, Membership Director, WCPE-The Classical Station, PO Box 897, Wake Forest, NC 28588 by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The WCPE Education Fund has awarded nearly $50,000 to 22 different nonprofit organizations since its establishment in 2010. Non-profit music education entities and music entities that expose their communities to classical music are invited to submit a grant application for consideration in the 2017-2018 season. Beginning January 1, 2017, the grant application form will be available online at http://www.theclassicalstation.org/education.
In 2016, the WCPE Education Fund disbursed grants totaling over $10,000 to four groups, the largest amount of money in the Fund’s history. The WCPE Quartet of the North Carolina Chamber Music Institute in Raleigh is comprised of high school musicians, whose music education is supported by the grant, perform in the Triangle throughout the season. Musical Empowerment of Raleigh connects young musicians – most from low-income families – with talented musicians from NC State University and UNC-Chapel Hill who provide instruction, guidance, and mentorship in free one-on-one lessons. The Duke Medicine Orchestra, an all-volunteer group of musicians affiliated with Duke Health, will perform an interactive children’s concert in April at the Emily K Center. The Young Musicians of Alamance in Burlington plans to use its grant to expand their successful music instruction program in North Graham Elementary School.
Applications will be reviewed in April, and grants will be awarded in May 2017. Non-profit organizations interested in completing a grant application are encouraged to obtain the form and instructions as soon as the application is available to begin the preparation and submission process.
For further information, contact: Patricia Crane, Membership Director • email@example.com or Dan McHugh, Public Relations Director • firstname.lastname@example.org WCPE-The Classical Station • PO Box 897 • Wake Forest NC 28588 • 800.556.5178 www.theclassicalstation.org
↑ Back to Top