- 11/27 100 Years Of Bernstein With Gianandrea Noseda
- 11/22 Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Silver-Maned Baritone From Siberia, Dies at 55
- 11/07 This cello was played in the trenches of the First World War
- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
TheClassicalStation.org Honors Jewish High Holy Days
WCPE offers Special Programming for Yom Kippur
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (September 26, 2014) — Friday evening, October 3, at 6 p.m. ET, WCPE presents a Yom Kippur Special to observe the Judaic New Year as prescribed in the Biblical Book of Numbers. From the beginning of Rosh Hashanah through Yom Kippur - the Day of Atonement - the mood, music and liturgy call for a somber, penitential introspection, both individually and as a community. Join WCPE at 6 p.m. ET on Friday, October 3 for one of Judaism's High Holy Days.
“We'll feature performances by the Zemel Choir of London, the Western Wind Vocal Ensemble and cellist Janos Starker,” offers WCPE Music Director William Woltz.
A repeat performance of the program will be announced.
The Great Classical Music offered by WCPE transcends belief systems, being crafted by artists from all traditions, and listened to by a global audience reflective of the world’s diversity. Found throughout WCPE’s programming are the traditions of people from all walks of life.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout eastern and central North Carolina and southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC, and other repeater stations. A live feed is available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, through cable systems, through affiliate radio stations, and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.
↑ Back to Top