- 10/04 Górecki Total Immersion
- 10/01 Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Strauss's Salome, Poole
- 09/22 Metropolitan Opera’s New ‘Otello,’ Bold and Tentative
- 09/17 Sir David Willcocks: his musicality was impregnable
- 09/12 Marin Alsop: 'The Last Night of the Proms is more than just a concert'
- 09/08 BPO's new concertmaster comes from Toronto, via Finland
- 08/25 Exclusive Video: Anja Harteros records 'O Patria mia'
- 08/16 Lars Vogt Presents Late-Career Beethoven and Schubert
- 08/13 Written on Skin and the problem of new opera
- 08/12 R.I.P. Ronald Wilford, talent manager
- 08/06 Totenberg’s Stolen Stradivarius Is Found After 35 Years
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
phone: (919) 556-5178
fax: (919) 556-9273
TheClassicalStation.org Honors Jewish High Holy Days
WCPE offers Special Programming for Rosh Hashanah
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (August 30, 2013) — Wednesday evening, September 4, at 6 p.m. ET, WCPE presents a special program of music for Rosh Hashanah to celebrate the Judaic New Year as prescribed in the Biblical Book of Numbers. From the beginning of Rosh Hashanah through Yom Kippur - the Day of Atonement - the mood, music and liturgy call for a somber, penitential introspection, both individually and as a community. The program will be repeated Thursday, September 5 at 1 p.m.
“We will have performances by Itzhak Perlman, Chicago a capella and the Zamir Chorale of Boston,” offers Music Director William Woltz.
The Great Classical Music offered by WCPE transcends belief systems, being crafted by artists from all traditions, and listened to by a global audience reflective of the world’s diversity. Found throughout WCPE’s programming are the traditions of people from all walks of life.
WCPE’s 24/7 live broadcast of Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day can be accessed by military and foreign service personnel around the globe in several ways; on-line streaming in multiple formats, including IPv6, small dish home satellite reception, local cable television systems and traditional radio broadcasting. A complete list of the ways WCPE is available with instructions for cable and satellite reception can be found at: http://theclassicalstation.org/listen.shtml.
With a 33 plus year history, WCPE 89.7 FM is a non-commercial, 100 percent listener-supported, independent station dedicated to excellence in Great Classical Music broadcasting. WCPE is heard worldwide on the Internet in multiple formats, including the next generation IPv6. Because WCPE receives no tax-derived support, the station conducts two on-air fundraising campaigns and two major mail-out campaigns per year to raise needed operating funds. For more information, visit www.TheClassicalStation.org or call 919-556-5178.
↑ Back to Top