- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
phone: (919) 556-5178
fax: (919) 556-9273
WCPE Celebrates Bastille Day
TheClassicalStation.org Features French Music
Wake Forest, N.C. (July 10, 2013) —WCPE Music Director William Woltz announces a program celebrating Bastille Day on Sunday, July 14, 2013. A few short years after the United States gained its independence, the French threw off the tyranny of their absolute monarchy with the storming of the Bastille.
“This is a celebration of the French contribution to Great Classical Music,” offers Woltz.
Highlights of the celebration:
- 7:00 a.m. Fauré: Cantique de Jean Racine
- 11:00 a.m. Bizet: Children’s Games (Jeux d’Enfants)
- 1:00 p.m. Debussy: La Mer
- 2:00 p.m. Ravel: Noble and Sentimental Waltzes
- 3:00 p.m. Couperin: Royal Concert no. 1
- 4:00 p.m. Saint-Saëns: Symphony in A
“Enjoy the music of French composers throughout Bastille Day,” adds Woltz.
WCPE’s 24/7 live broadcast of Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day can be accessed by military and foreign service personnel around the globe in several ways; on-line streaming in multiple formats, including IPv6, small dish home satellite reception, local cable television systems and traditional radio broadcasting. A complete list of the ways WCPE is available with instructions for cable and satellite reception can be found at: http://theclassicalstation.org/listen.shtml.
With a 30 plus year history, WCPE 89.7 FM is a non-commercial, 100 percent listener-supported, independent station dedicated to excellence in Great Classical Music broadcasting. WCPE is heard worldwide on the Internet in multiple formats, including the next generation IPv6. Because WCPE receives no tax-derived support, the station conducts two on-air fundraising campaigns and two major mail-out campaigns per year to raise needed operating funds. For more information, visit www.TheClassicalStation.org or call 919-556-5178.
↑ Back to Top