- 04/26 Esa-Pekka Salonen Brings His Cool to New York’s Music Scene
- 04/17 Sounds and Sweet Airs: The Forgotten Women of Classical Music by Anna Beer – review
- 04/10 CSO’s Young Artist Competition highlights classical music talent
- 04/02 Classical music’s forgotten women
- ♬ Special Note: Studying a Virtuoso Violinist's Brain with MRI
- 03/14 Composer Peter Maxwell Davies dies aged 81
- 03/06 Nikolaus Harnoncourt obituary
- ♬ Special Note: How Chapel Hill Violinist Jennifer Curtis Became a New Master of Romanian Composer George Enescu's Music
- 02/22 " My horn died recently. The metal wore too thin and it lost its resonance. I feel like a widow."
- 02/16 Celebrating the Life of Cleveland Orchestra conductor Louis Lane (1923-2016)
- ♬ Special Note: Playing it forward: Norman Johns
- 02/10 North Carolina teacher wins Grammy Music Educator Award
- 02/04 Mirga Gražinyte-Tyla to be new Music Director for City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- 02/03 HIP Festival Aims to Rediscover Forgotten Symphonies
- 02/02 Renée Fleming: 'Live cinema is a threat to opera'
- 01/29 Gustavo Dudamel and Youth Orchestra L.A.'s Super Bowl halftime show
- 01/27 New York Philharmonic Taps Jaap van Zweden as Its Next Maestro
- 01/25 Nigel Kennedy, The New Four Seasons tour
- 01/21 Live: Suspense and tragedy with the North Carolina Symphony
- 01/15 Six of the best classical guitarists.
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Offers Special Programming for the Winter Holidays
TheClassicalStation.org Presents Seasonal Classical Favorites
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (December 17, 2012)—WCPE’s Music Director William Woltz announces the station’s seasonal music offerings for December 17, 2012 through January 1, 2013.
“WCPE is pleased to offer unique programs of holiday music,” says Woltz.
"Lullabies and Carols for Christmas" is a program of beautiful and relaxing songs for the season presented by Rob Kennedy, host of WCPE's Great Sacred Music every Sunday morning. Rob has chosen a mix of favorite songs with some added surprises to make for a delightful hour of music.
Here is a partial listing of the special programs. Additional listings are in the Winter Quarter Notes.
Lullabies and Carols for Christmas (hosted by Rob Kennedy; 60 minute program; all others are 30 minutes. Times listed are ET, +5 GMT.)
Wednesday, Dec. 19, 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 21, 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, Dec. 22, 3:00 a.m.
Sunday, Dec. 23, 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 25, midnight
Renaissance Fare Christmas special (hosted by George Douglas)
Wednesday, Dec. 19, 3:00 a.m.
Friday, Dec. 21, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 23, 2:00 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 24, 10:00 a.m.
A Boychoir Christmas (hosted by Brian LeBlanc)
Tuesday, Dec. 18, 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 20, 10:00 a.m.
Sunday, Dec. 23, 3:00 a.m.
Monday, Dec. 24, 1:00 p.m.
2011 St. Olaf College Christmas Festival Highlights
Thursday, Dec. 20, 3:00 a.m.
Friday, Dec. 21, 9:00 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 24, 11:00 a.m.
New Year’s Eve will ring out the old and in the new with favorite waltzes, marches and other classics by Viennese composers Josef Lanner, Emil Walteufel and the Strauss Family, 10 p.m. to midnight. Beethoven’s Ninth will be featured on New Year’s Day at 2 p.m. You can request your seasonal favorites on the Saturday Evening Request Program and All Request Friday December 28, 2012 here.
The Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day offered by WCPE transcends belief systems, being crafted by artists from all traditions and listened to by a global audience reflective of the world’s diversity. Found throughout WCPE’s programming are the traditions of people from all walks of life.
WCPE’s 24/7 live broadcast of Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day can be accessed around the globe in several ways; on-line streaming in multiple formats, including IPv6, small dish home satellite reception, local cable television systems and traditional radio broadcasting. A complete list of the ways WCPE is available with instructions for cable and satellite reception can be found at: http://theclassicalstation.org/listen.shtml.
With a 33 plus year history, WCPE 89.7 FM is a non-commercial, 100 percent listener-supported, independent station dedicated to excellence in Great Classical Music broadcasting. WCPE is heard worldwide on the Internet in multiple formats, including the next generation IPv6. Because WCPE receives no tax-derived support, the station conducts two on-air fundraising campaigns and two major mail-out campaigns per year to raise needed operating funds. For more information, visit www.TheClassicalStation.org or call 919-556-5178.
↑ Back to Top