- 08/18 Metropolitan Opera and Two Unions Reach a Tentative Deal
- 08/14 Conductor Gerard Schwarz to record Season 2 of PBS series
- 08/13 Conductor Frans Brüggen has died
- 08/07 Louisville Orchestra in the black
- 08/05 Christiane Karg carries on performance with dislocated knee
- 08/04 Saito Kinen Festival to be renamed after maestro Ozawa
- 07/27 Operatic tenor Carlo Bergonzi dies aged 90
- 07/22 Is This Young Man The Next Leonard Bernstein?
- 07/14 Classical at the casino - ka-ching?
- 07/13 Maestro Lorin Maazel - 1930-2014
- Of Special Note: Falletta’s Irish orchestra tenure to end this fall
- 07/03 Philip Smith, Master Trumpeter
- 06/25 Wanamaker Dreams Come True
- 06/25 Harpist Jasmine Hogan returns to Wake Forest for benefit concert
- 06/24 Mediations and Mutiny Backstage
- 06/20 Glenn Dicterow Is Retiring After 34 Years as Concertmaster
- 06/16 BBC plans primary school classical music campaign
- 06/12 Music lessons combat poverty’s effect on the brain
- 06/12 Rafael Frühbeck, 80, Passes; Made the World a Podium
- 06/11 N.Y. Philharmonic Names New-Music Prizewinner
- 06/09 $10m Stradivarius violin found in New York heiress' wardrobe
- 06/04 Justice Department to review music licensing rules
- 06/04 Frühbeck de Burgos to retire
- 06/03 Budapest Orchestra Has Bows Seized
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Honors Mother’s Day
TheClassicalStation.org Offers Day Dedications
Wake Forest, NC (April 27, 2012) — WCPE’s General Manager Deborah S. Proctor announces a special opportunity to honor mothers this Mother’s Day; dedicate a day of music to a mother at TheClassicalStation.org. Starting Sunday morning ( April 29th ) for a donation of $75 you can air a message to someone very important.
“Trying to decide what to get your mom for Mother’s Day this year?” asks Proctor. “Let WCPE help”!
For a gift of $75 to The Classical Station, request an on-air Mother’s Day Dedication to that special mother, grandmother or daughter in your life. Request your Mother’s Day Dedication by May 7 by pledging online or by calling 800-556-5178.
“Make Mother’s Day special this year,” Proctor continues. “Tell the world how much your mom means to you”!
Select a preferred and alternate time for your announcement to air between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET. First come first served; these times are not guaranteed and while WCPE will attempt to honor the requested times, the assigned times will be solely decided by WCPE.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in Eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina and Southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC and other repeater stations. A live feed is also available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, cable systems, affiliate radio stations and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.