- Special Note: Infograph: BSO 2014-15 By the Numbers
- 10/28 KC Symphony for Game 6, Joyce DiDonato for Game 7
- 10/27 John Barry’s Widow Establishes a Scholarship for Film Music
- 10/25 Did Bach’s wife write his finest works controversy
- 10/08 Australia Opera cancels Carmen over fears it promotes smoking
- 10/07 Read about the new documentary, "Maestro"
- 10/05 How to Make Music With a Whale
- 10/04 Handel & Haydn’s Bernard celebrates society’s success
- 09/30 Winners Chosen in Program to Aid Female Composers
- 09/28 Andris Nelsons Begins Tenure Leading BSO
- 09/24 Christopher Hogwood has died
- Special Note: Backstage at New York’s Metropolitan Opera! (Video)
- 09/16 2nd conductor resigns from Vienna State Opera
- 09/09 The Sixteen to tour with Monteverdi’s Vespers
- 09/02 Music Lessons Enhance Brain Function in Disadvantaged Kids
- 08/25 Frans Brüggen, Pioneer in Early Music
- 08/25 Czech Philharmonic Orchestra Belohlávek-Weilerstein review
- 08/22 Metropolitan Opera Reaches Settlement With Last Unions
- 08/19 Addicts Symphony
- 08/18 Metropolitan Opera and Two Unions Reach a Tentative Deal
- 08/14 Conductor Gerard Schwarz to record Season 2 of PBS series
- 08/13 Conductor Frans Brüggen has died
- 08/07 Louisville Orchestra in the black
- 08/05 Christiane Karg carries on performance with dislocated knee
- 08/04 Saito Kinen Festival to be renamed after maestro Ozawa
- 07/27 Operatic tenor Carlo Bergonzi dies aged 90
- 07/22 Is This Young Man The Next Leonard Bernstein?
- 07/14 Classical at the casino - ka-ching?
- 07/13 Maestro Lorin Maazel - 1930-2014
- Of Special Note: Falletta’s Irish orchestra tenure to end this fall
- 07/03 Philip Smith, Master Trumpeter
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Honors Mother’s Day
TheClassicalStation.org Offers Day Dedications
Wake Forest, NC (April 27, 2012) — WCPE’s General Manager Deborah S. Proctor announces a special opportunity to honor mothers this Mother’s Day; dedicate a day of music to a mother at TheClassicalStation.org. Starting Sunday morning ( April 29th ) for a donation of $75 you can air a message to someone very important.
“Trying to decide what to get your mom for Mother’s Day this year?” asks Proctor. “Let WCPE help”!
For a gift of $75 to The Classical Station, request an on-air Mother’s Day Dedication to that special mother, grandmother or daughter in your life. Request your Mother’s Day Dedication by May 7 by pledging online or by calling 800-556-5178.
“Make Mother’s Day special this year,” Proctor continues. “Tell the world how much your mom means to you”!
Select a preferred and alternate time for your announcement to air between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET. First come first served; these times are not guaranteed and while WCPE will attempt to honor the requested times, the assigned times will be solely decided by WCPE.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in Eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina and Southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC and other repeater stations. A live feed is also available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, cable systems, affiliate radio stations and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.