- 12/10 La Scala Confirms Chailly Will Be Principal Conductor and Music Director
- 12/04 British Composer Award winners are revealed
- 11/19 da Vinci's extremely rare Viola Organista
- 11/12 British composer John Tavener dies aged 69
- 11/11 Kermit Moore, cellist, conductor and composer, is dead at 84
- 11/08 Triangle Youth Philharmonic to Premiere Work by Terry Mizesko
- 11/04 Malone: "This is my Hitchcock moment"
- 10/28 Pianist Lang Lang Chosen as UN Messenger of Peace
- 10/22 Verdi and the Birth of Modern Italy
- 10/14 Royal Opera House expands Cinema Season
- 10/04 The Return of ‘The Nose’
- 09/24 A Fight for Love, in the Met and Out
- 09/18 NC Symphony Music Director Set to Lead Orchestra Through 2018 Season
- 09/13 Why music is good for the heart
- 09/12 Opinion: Star Tribune shouldn't echo
- 09/09 NYC Opera needs to raise $7M
- 09/03 10 Easy Ways To Optimize Your Music Practice
- 08/26 Britten's 'Paul Bunyan'
- 08/20 In music, the eyes matter
- 08/13 Sir Kenneth Branagh named campaign patron for Hallé St Peter's
- 08/09 Cloaking an Opera in a New Identity
- 07/29 Why young people still care about classical music
- 07/18 Your First Classical Music Crush
- 07/16 Why should we play the music of our time?
- 07/13 Youth Orchestra That's A National First
- 07/09 Jonathan Biss presents free online course on Beethoven
- 06/27 RSNO appoints new assistant conductor
- 06/19 Richard Marlow has died
- 06/17 La Scala presents Wagner's Ring
- 06/14 Pianist Davide Martello Calms Istanbul
- 06/12 Farewell to Mario Bernardi
- 06/10 Concerto Caledonia
- 06/09 Ukraine pianist wins Cliburn piano competition
- 06/09 Stuck on China tarmac
- 06/06 Austrian Piano Virtuoso Buchbinder
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Honors Mother’s Day
TheClassicalStation.org Offers Day Dedications
Wake Forest, NC (April 27, 2012) — WCPE’s General Manager Deborah S. Proctor announces a special opportunity to honor mothers this Mother’s Day; dedicate a day of music to a mother at TheClassicalStation.org. Starting Sunday morning ( April 29th ) for a donation of $75 you can air a message to someone very important.
“Trying to decide what to get your mom for Mother’s Day this year?” asks Proctor. “Let WCPE help”!
For a gift of $75 to The Classical Station, request an on-air Mother’s Day Dedication to that special mother, grandmother or daughter in your life. Request your Mother’s Day Dedication by May 7 by pledging online or by calling 800-556-5178.
“Make Mother’s Day special this year,” Proctor continues. “Tell the world how much your mom means to you”!
Select a preferred and alternate time for your announcement to air between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET. First come first served; these times are not guaranteed and while WCPE will attempt to honor the requested times, the assigned times will be solely decided by WCPE.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in Eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina and Southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC and other repeater stations. A live feed is also available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, cable systems, affiliate radio stations and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.