- ♬ Special Note: Playing it forward: Norman Johns
- 02/10 North Carolina teacher wins Grammy Music Educator Award
- 02/04 Mirga Gražinyte-Tyla to be new Music Director for City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- 02/03 HIP Festival Aims to Rediscover Forgotten Symphonies
- 02/02 Renée Fleming: 'Live cinema is a threat to opera'
- 01/29 Gustavo Dudamel and Youth Orchestra L.A.'s Super Bowl halftime show
- 01/27 New York Philharmonic Taps Jaap van Zweden as Its Next Maestro
- 01/25 Nigel Kennedy, The New Four Seasons tour
- 01/21 Live: Suspense and tragedy with the North Carolina Symphony
- 01/15 Six of the best classical guitarists.
- 01/12 Pierre Boulez: 'He was one of the naughtiest of great artists'
- 01/10 Dates of key Mozart symphonies are wrong, claims music scholar
- 01/06 Pierre Boulez, French Composer (NYT) (March 26, 1925 – January 5, 2016)
- 01/03 Meet the woman conductor for the LA Philharmonic
- 01/01 “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is almost certain to secure John Williams his fiftieth Oscar nomination NYT)
- ♬ Special Note: Our 10 Favorite Classical Albums Of 2015
- 12/19 Conductor Kurt Masur, Leader Of Orchestras In New York And Beyond, Has Died
- 12/16 Jane Austen’s music collection published online
- 12/08 Hymnen review – Stockhausen rarity imbued with grandeur
- 11/30 Lang Lang and Philharmonic Orchestra, Festival Hall, review: 'A virtuosic insult'
- 11/24 The Boston Symphony's Joseph Silverstein has died
- ♬ Special Note: ‘You Us We All’ Creates a Baroque Vision of Modern Life
- 11/16 Robert Craft, Stravinsky expert, conductor and author, has died
- 11/14 At Metropolitan Opera, Support for Paris Sounds Out With Singing of France’s National Anthem
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Honors Mother’s Day
TheClassicalStation.org Offers Day Dedications
Wake Forest, NC (April 27, 2012) — WCPE’s General Manager Deborah S. Proctor announces a special opportunity to honor mothers this Mother’s Day; dedicate a day of music to a mother at TheClassicalStation.org. Starting Sunday morning ( April 29th ) for a donation of $75 you can air a message to someone very important.
“Trying to decide what to get your mom for Mother’s Day this year?” asks Proctor. “Let WCPE help”!
For a gift of $75 to The Classical Station, request an on-air Mother’s Day Dedication to that special mother, grandmother or daughter in your life. Request your Mother’s Day Dedication by May 7 by pledging online or by calling 800-556-5178.
“Make Mother’s Day special this year,” Proctor continues. “Tell the world how much your mom means to you”!
Select a preferred and alternate time for your announcement to air between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET. First come first served; these times are not guaranteed and while WCPE will attempt to honor the requested times, the assigned times will be solely decided by WCPE.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in Eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina and Southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC and other repeater stations. A live feed is also available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, cable systems, affiliate radio stations and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.