- 05/14 Take me out to the … opera?
- 05/13 BBC Proms reports record opening day ticket sales
- 05/07 N'Dour, Saariaho share Polar Music Prize
- 04/26 World Premiere of major new opera Dulce Rosa
- 04/26 EMI Classics and Virgin labels to disappear
- 04/19 Conrad Tao signs exclusively to EMI
- 04/18 Conductor Becomes First Woman to Lead Britain's Proms Finale
- 04/15 Still Searching for the Promised Land
- 04/15 Sir Colin Davis remembered
- 04/14 Sir Colin Davis dies
- 04/13 Stradivarius trees
- 04/13 Stravinsky puts a Spring in your step
- 04/10 SPCO deal brings relief, smiles
- 04/05 Have Some Fun
- 04/04 Montreal without Nagano?
- 04/03 It Takes Brass
- 04/03 Composer, educator Robert Ward dies
- 04/01 Vienna opera director collapses during performance
- 03/26 A foghorn, brass bands and 50 ships
- 03/26 Wigmore Hall, London: Viktoria Mullova, Paolo Giacometti
- 03/21 Rise Stevens, Mezzo-Soprano Star of ‘Carmen,’ Dies at 99
- 03/19 No Secret Formula to Music
- 03/15 Titanic bandmaster's violin found
- 03/13 Vivaldi Boosts Mental Vitality
- 03/11 Beginner's Etiquette Guide: Ballet & Opera
- 03/10 Written on Skin – review
- 03/03 Marie-Claire Alain, Master of the Organ
- 03/03 Barber of Seville; Emerson Quartet
- 02/27 Van Cliburn Dies
- 02/24 Mahan Esfahani – review
- 02/24 Wolfgang Sawallisch, 1923-2013
- 02/15 Britten’s War Requiem
- 02/11 Classical Grammy Awards
- 02/08 Oregon Symphony's James DePreist Dies
- 02/07 Warner Music Group Buys EMI
- 02/04 Work performed for the first time in 400 years
- 01/30 S.F.S.: The Rule of Spain and Britain
- 01/25 BBC Radio 3 - 'The Choir'
- 01/25 Quatuor Diotima – review
- 01/18 Royal Opera House- The Minotaur – review
- 01/14 Carolina Ballet: Lynn Taylor-Corbett
- 01/14 NC H.I.P.* Music Festival
- 01/11 WCPE Announcers: Top CD Picks of 2012
- 01/03 Royal Opera Live
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Honors Pesach and Easter
TheClassicalStation.org Offers Great Sacred Music
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (Saturday, March 31, 2012) —WCPE’s Assistant Music Director Kenneth Bradshaw announces special programming for the Jewish and Christian Holy Days. On Friday April 6, 2012 at 6 p.m. an hour long presentation by Leonard Nimoy and Western Wind celebrates Passover. On Great Sacred Music Sunday, April 8, 8-11 a.m., Rob Kennedy features Bach’s Easter Oratorio and Handel’s Messiah Part 3.
The Saturday Evening Request Program from 6-midnight April 7 offers a chance to hear your favorite music associated with the holidays. Go to this link and make your request.
The Great Classical Music offered by WCPE transcends belief systems, being crafted by artists from all traditions, and listened to by a global audience reflective of the world’s diversity. Found throughout WCPE’s programming are the traditions of people from all walks of life.
WCPE’s 24/7 live broadcast of Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day can be accessed around the globe in several ways; on-line streaming in multiple formats, including IPv6, small dish home satellite reception, local cable television systems and traditional radio broadcasting. A complete list of the ways WCPE is available with instructions for cable and satellite reception can be found at this page.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in Eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina and Southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC and other repeater stations. A live feed is also available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, cable systems, affiliate radio stations and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.