- 12/04 British Composer Award winners are revealed
- 11/19 da Vinci's extremely rare Viola Organista
- 11/12 British composer John Tavener dies aged 69
- 11/11 Kermit Moore, cellist, conductor and composer, is dead at 84
- 11/08 Triangle Youth Philharmonic to Premiere Work by Terry Mizesko
- 11/04 Malone: "This is my Hitchcock moment"
- 10/28 Pianist Lang Lang Chosen as UN Messenger of Peace
- 10/22 Verdi and the Birth of Modern Italy
- 10/14 Royal Opera House expands Cinema Season
- 10/04 The Return of ‘The Nose’
- 09/24 A Fight for Love, in the Met and Out
- 09/18 NC Symphony Music Director Set to Lead Orchestra Through 2018 Season
- 09/13 Why music is good for the heart
- 09/12 Opinion: Star Tribune shouldn't echo
- 09/09 NYC Opera needs to raise $7M
- 09/03 10 Easy Ways To Optimize Your Music Practice
- 08/26 Britten's 'Paul Bunyan'
- 08/20 In music, the eyes matter
- 08/13 Sir Kenneth Branagh named campaign patron for Hallé St Peter's
- 08/09 Cloaking an Opera in a New Identity
- 07/29 Why young people still care about classical music
- 07/18 Your First Classical Music Crush
- 07/16 Why should we play the music of our time?
- 07/13 Youth Orchestra That's A National First
- 07/09 Jonathan Biss presents free online course on Beethoven
- 06/27 RSNO appoints new assistant conductor
- 06/19 Richard Marlow has died
- 06/17 La Scala presents Wagner's Ring
- 06/14 Pianist Davide Martello Calms Istanbul
- 06/12 Farewell to Mario Bernardi
- 06/10 Concerto Caledonia
- 06/09 Ukraine pianist wins Cliburn piano competition
- 06/09 Stuck on China tarmac
- 06/06 Austrian Piano Virtuoso Buchbinder
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Honors Pesach and Easter
TheClassicalStation.org Offers Great Sacred Music
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (Saturday, March 31, 2012) —WCPE’s Assistant Music Director Kenneth Bradshaw announces special programming for the Jewish and Christian Holy Days. On Friday April 6, 2012 at 6 p.m. an hour long presentation by Leonard Nimoy and Western Wind celebrates Passover. On Great Sacred Music Sunday, April 8, 8-11 a.m., Rob Kennedy features Bach’s Easter Oratorio and Handel’s Messiah Part 3.
The Saturday Evening Request Program from 6-midnight April 7 offers a chance to hear your favorite music associated with the holidays. Go to this link and make your request.
The Great Classical Music offered by WCPE transcends belief systems, being crafted by artists from all traditions, and listened to by a global audience reflective of the world’s diversity. Found throughout WCPE’s programming are the traditions of people from all walks of life.
WCPE’s 24/7 live broadcast of Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day can be accessed around the globe in several ways; on-line streaming in multiple formats, including IPv6, small dish home satellite reception, local cable television systems and traditional radio broadcasting. A complete list of the ways WCPE is available with instructions for cable and satellite reception can be found at this page.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in Eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina and Southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC and other repeater stations. A live feed is also available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, cable systems, affiliate radio stations and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.