- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Honors Pesach and Easter
TheClassicalStation.org Offers Great Sacred Music
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (Saturday, March 31, 2012) —WCPE’s Assistant Music Director Kenneth Bradshaw announces special programming for the Jewish and Christian Holy Days. On Friday April 6, 2012 at 6 p.m. an hour long presentation by Leonard Nimoy and Western Wind celebrates Passover. On Great Sacred Music Sunday, April 8, 8-11 a.m., Rob Kennedy features Bach’s Easter Oratorio and Handel’s Messiah Part 3.
The Saturday Evening Request Program from 6-midnight April 7 offers a chance to hear your favorite music associated with the holidays. Go to this link and make your request.
The Great Classical Music offered by WCPE transcends belief systems, being crafted by artists from all traditions, and listened to by a global audience reflective of the world’s diversity. Found throughout WCPE’s programming are the traditions of people from all walks of life.
WCPE’s 24/7 live broadcast of Great Classical Music, 24 Hours A Day can be accessed around the globe in several ways; on-line streaming in multiple formats, including IPv6, small dish home satellite reception, local cable television systems and traditional radio broadcasting. A complete list of the ways WCPE is available with instructions for cable and satellite reception can be found at this page.
WCPE broadcasts on a variety of FM frequencies in Eastern North Carolina and is heard throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina and Southern Virginia from its transmitting tower in Wake Forest, NC and other repeater stations. A live feed is also available on the Internet at www.theclassicalstation.org, cable systems, affiliate radio stations and via satellite. WCPE is a non-commercial, listener-supported station that plays classical music exclusively. WCPE is owned and operated by the Educational Information Corporation, a North Carolina non-profit broadcasting organization. The Corporation was formed in 1973 and began operating WCPE in July of 1978. The Corporation holds a federal 501 (C) (3) Public Charity Exemption Certificate and the corresponding certificate from the State of North Carolina.