- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Presents Gardens of Spain Weekend
TheClassicalStation.org Features Spanish Composers
Wake Forest, N.C. (May 14, 2011) - WCPE's Music Director William Woltz announces special programming for our Gardens of Spain Weekend.Saturday
9am — Isaac Albéniz' "Suite espagnola", in an orchestral version created by conductor Rafael Fruhbeck de Burgos.Sunday
Noon — Joaquin Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez", featuring guitarist Sharon Isbin with the New York Philharmonic.
2pm — Manuel de Falla's "Nights in the Gardens of Spain", featuring the late Spanish pianist Alicia de Larrocha with the London Philharmonic
With a 30 plus year history, WCPE 89.7 FM is a non-commercial, 100 percent listener-supported, independent station dedicated to excellence in Great Classical Music broadcasting. WCPE is heard worldwide on the Internet in multiple formats, including the next generation IPv6. Because WCPE receives no tax-derived support, the station conducts two on-air fundraising campaigns and two major mail-out campaigns per year to raise needed operating funds. For more information, visit www.TheClassicalStation.org or call 919-556-5178.