- 10/01 Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Strauss's Salome, Poole
- 09/22 Metropolitan Opera’s New ‘Otello,’ Bold and Tentative
- 09/17 Sir David Willcocks: his musicality was impregnable
- 09/12 Marin Alsop: 'The Last Night of the Proms is more than just a concert'
- 09/08 BPO's new concertmaster comes from Toronto, via Finland
- 08/25 Exclusive Video: Anja Harteros records 'O Patria mia'
- 08/16 Lars Vogt Presents Late-Career Beethoven and Schubert
- 08/13 Written on Skin and the problem of new opera
- 08/12 R.I.P. Ronald Wilford, talent manager
- 08/06 Totenberg’s Stolen Stradivarius Is Found After 35 Years
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Presents Gardens of Spain Weekend
TheClassicalStation.org Features Spanish Composers
Wake Forest, N.C. (May 14, 2011) - WCPE's Music Director William Woltz announces special programming for our Gardens of Spain Weekend.Saturday
9am — Isaac Albéniz' "Suite espagnola", in an orchestral version created by conductor Rafael Fruhbeck de Burgos.Sunday
Noon — Joaquin Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez", featuring guitarist Sharon Isbin with the New York Philharmonic.
2pm — Manuel de Falla's "Nights in the Gardens of Spain", featuring the late Spanish pianist Alicia de Larrocha with the London Philharmonic
With a 30 plus year history, WCPE 89.7 FM is a non-commercial, 100 percent listener-supported, independent station dedicated to excellence in Great Classical Music broadcasting. WCPE is heard worldwide on the Internet in multiple formats, including the next generation IPv6. Because WCPE receives no tax-derived support, the station conducts two on-air fundraising campaigns and two major mail-out campaigns per year to raise needed operating funds. For more information, visit www.TheClassicalStation.org or call 919-556-5178.