- ♬ Special Note: ‘You Us We All’ Creates a Baroque Vision of Modern Life
- 11/16 Robert Craft, Stravinsky expert, conductor and author, has died
- 11/14 At Metropolitan Opera, Support for Paris Sounds Out With Singing of France’s National Anthem
- 11/14 Oakland Symphony revives a forgotten gem
- 11/04 Alice Cooper: 'These classical composers were crazier than me!'
- 11/03 Nicola Benedetti teams up with jazz titan Wynton Marsalis
- 10/26 Lucerne Festival to Feature Female Conductors
- 10/22 Chopin International Piano Competition 'Unequivocally Brilliant'
- 10/19 Para-Composition
- 10/09 From My Homeland – A concert of Violin and Viola Works
- 10/04 Górecki Total Immersion
- 10/01 Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Strauss's Salome, Poole
- 09/22 Metropolitan Opera’s New ‘Otello,’ Bold and Tentative
- 09/17 Sir David Willcocks: his musicality was impregnable
- 09/12 Marin Alsop: 'The Last Night of the Proms is more than just a concert'
- 09/08 BPO's new concertmaster comes from Toronto, via Finland
- 08/25 Exclusive Video: Anja Harteros records 'O Patria mia'
WCPE News: Press Releases
Curtis Brothers, Outreach Director
WCPE Presents Gardens of Spain Weekend
TheClassicalStation.org Features Spanish Composers
Wake Forest, N.C. (May 14, 2011) - WCPE's Music Director William Woltz announces special programming for our Gardens of Spain Weekend.Saturday
9am — Isaac Albéniz' "Suite espagnola", in an orchestral version created by conductor Rafael Fruhbeck de Burgos.Sunday
Noon — Joaquin Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez", featuring guitarist Sharon Isbin with the New York Philharmonic.
2pm — Manuel de Falla's "Nights in the Gardens of Spain", featuring the late Spanish pianist Alicia de Larrocha with the London Philharmonic
With a 30 plus year history, WCPE 89.7 FM is a non-commercial, 100 percent listener-supported, independent station dedicated to excellence in Great Classical Music broadcasting. WCPE is heard worldwide on the Internet in multiple formats, including the next generation IPv6. Because WCPE receives no tax-derived support, the station conducts two on-air fundraising campaigns and two major mail-out campaigns per year to raise needed operating funds. For more information, visit www.TheClassicalStation.org or call 919-556-5178.