Composer John Williams to Bequeath His Life Work to The Juilliard School Library
Daniil Trifonov and His Teacher Dazzle With Dual Virtuosity
Hear How ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ Became a Music Showcase
François Girard’s production of Wagner’s “Parsifal” - Watch the Met Opera Stage a Sea of Blood
Barbara Hannigan leads list of Grammy Awards' classical winners
Meet the New Generation Leading Berlin’s Classical Scene
How Mongolia went wild for opera
Alison Balsom named as new Cheltenham Music Festival boss
- 11/27 100 Years Of Bernstein With Gianandrea Noseda
- 11/22 Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Silver-Maned Baritone From Siberia, Dies at 55
- 11/07 This cello was played in the trenches of the First World War
- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
- 07/12 Rising-star cellist Bryan Cheng receives Michael Measures Prize
- 07/04 Putting ‘Don Giovanni’ on a Truck, and Returning Opera to Its Roots
- 06/27 A Life of Toscanini, Maestro With Passion and Principles
- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
Thank You Gifts
We're happy to send you a thank you gift ("premium") when you make your pledge of support.
WCPE members receive the WCPE Program Guide Quarter Notes for a full year.
When your contribution is at least $50.00, you may, in lieu of choosing a gift, designate that 10% of your donation go toward the WCPE Education Fund. Please check the appropriate box in the Secure Pledge Form!
- 52 Weekly over-the-air announcements.
($50 per month Sustaining Member)
WCPE 40th Anniversary Clock - Special commemorative desk clock, 5.5"h x 5"w x 2"d. Cherry wood / burgundy finish. Brass plaque with anniversary date. Battery operated.. FMV = $56.00
12 Monthly over-the-air announcements.
(or $20 per month Sustaining Member)
CD # 8 - Martha Argerich: Live from Lugano -Highlights from the 15th (and final) season of Argerich's acclaimed Swiss festival featuring established performers alongside nextgeneration stars in solo piano, chamber and concerto performances. Ravel, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms. (3 discs). FMV = $21.98
CD # 9 - Hilary Hahn: Retrospective - Highlights from this stellar violinist's wide-ranging career, with music of Mozart, Vaughan Williams, Higdon, Bach, Ives, Muhly. (2 discs). FMV = $24.98
Day Dedication - Special occasion message to be broadcast four times any day you choose.
CD # 7 - Sound of Simon
Rattle and the Berlin
Spectacular moments from
Rattle's 17-year tenure at
the helm of the Berlin
Ravel, Holst, Mahler and
more. (3 discs). FMV = $21.98
(or $12.50 per month Sustaining Member)
Richard Strauss, A Listener's Guide -
Softcover book with a full-length EMI CD, from Unlocking the Masters series.. FMV = $22.99
Long Sleeve WCPE Tee Shirt -
Burgundy, logo screen printed in white. Sizes: XL.
FMV = $14.95
CD #5 - Elgar and Bruch Violin Concertos - Violinist Rachel Barton Pine brings her considerable technique, tone and commitment to these two staples of the Romantic violin repertoire. Andrew Litton leads the BBC Symphony Orchestra. FMV = $17.99
CD # 6 -Debussy Piano Music - English pianist Stephen Hough brings his extraordinary technique and imagination to these performances of Debussy's Estampes, Images, Children's Corner and more.
FMV = $19.98
DVD # 1 - Offenbach: Les contes d'Hoffmannc - Tenor Vitorio Grigolo leads an outstanding cast that includes Thomas Hampson, Kate Lindsey, Sofia Fomina and Christine Rice. Evelino Pido conducts the Orchestra and Chorus of the Royal Opera House.
FMV = $14.98
(or $10 per month Sustaining Member)
Choose one of the following CDs:
CD #1 - Brandenburg Concertos - Early music icon Reinhardt Goebel returns to Bach's Brandenburgs, 30 years after his first recording of these gems, to lead the Berlin Baroque Soloists in exciting and upbeat performances. FMV = $14.98
CD #2 - Best Adagios 50 - Music to relax body and soul by Pachelbel, Debussy, Mozart, Ravel, Bach. (3 discs) FMV = $13.98
CD #3 - Palestrina, Missa Papae Marcelli The Sistine Chapel Choir, led by Massimo Palombella, sings works by the most celebrated Italian musician of the 16th century, Giovanni Pierluigi de Palestrina. Includes his Pope Marcellus Mass and motets. FMV = $12.95
CD #4 - Juan Diego Florez: Mozart - While tenor Juan Diego Florez has sung Mozart since his earliest studies, he has waited until now to record these masterful arias. Stunning performances of best-loved arias from Don Giovanni, Die Zauberflote, Cosi fan tutte, and some lesserknown gems as well. FMV = $11.95
Composer/Signature 11 oz Mug in Almond
Beige - Ceramic coffee/tea mug with Beethoven,
J.S. Bach, & Mozart. Microwavable. You
will receive one mug! The single mug features
all three composers.
FMV = $9.95.
WCPE Tee Shirt - Antique jade, logo screenprinted in white, short sleeves, 90% cotton/10% polyester. Sizes: M, L, XL, XXL.
FMV = $9.95.
($6.25 per month Sustaining Member)
WCPE Grocery Bag - Cobalt blue, insulated. FMV = $3.79.
Set of 4 Musical Instrument Notecards +
- A set of four colorful notecards reproduced from original watercolors painted for WCPE by a local artist: Barbara Crockett. Envelopes included. FMV = $12.00
(or $5.00 per month Sustaining Member)
Car Magnet -
Peacock blue, Size: 3-3/8” x 5-3/4” oval shape, WCPE logo in white.
FMV = $5.00
↑ Back to Top