- 12/04 British Composer Award winners are revealed
- 11/19 da Vinci's extremely rare Viola Organista
- 11/12 British composer John Tavener dies aged 69
- 11/11 Kermit Moore, cellist, conductor and composer, is dead at 84
- 11/08 Triangle Youth Philharmonic to Premiere Work by Terry Mizesko
- 11/04 Malone: "This is my Hitchcock moment"
- 10/28 Pianist Lang Lang Chosen as UN Messenger of Peace
- 10/22 Verdi and the Birth of Modern Italy
- 10/14 Royal Opera House expands Cinema Season
- 10/04 The Return of ‘The Nose’
- 09/24 A Fight for Love, in the Met and Out
- 09/18 NC Symphony Music Director Set to Lead Orchestra Through 2018 Season
- 09/13 Why music is good for the heart
- 09/12 Opinion: Star Tribune shouldn't echo
- 09/09 NYC Opera needs to raise $7M
- 09/03 10 Easy Ways To Optimize Your Music Practice
- 08/26 Britten's 'Paul Bunyan'
- 08/20 In music, the eyes matter
- 08/13 Sir Kenneth Branagh named campaign patron for Hallé St Peter's
- 08/09 Cloaking an Opera in a New Identity
- 07/29 Why young people still care about classical music
- 07/18 Your First Classical Music Crush
- 07/16 Why should we play the music of our time?
- 07/13 Youth Orchestra That's A National First
- 07/09 Jonathan Biss presents free online course on Beethoven
- 06/27 RSNO appoints new assistant conductor
- 06/19 Richard Marlow has died
- 06/17 La Scala presents Wagner's Ring
- 06/14 Pianist Davide Martello Calms Istanbul
- 06/12 Farewell to Mario Bernardi
- 06/10 Concerto Caledonia
- 06/09 Ukraine pianist wins Cliburn piano competition
- 06/09 Stuck on China tarmac
- 06/06 Austrian Piano Virtuoso Buchbinder
This summer WCPE marks 35 years on the air! The Classical Station has come a long way since we began spinning LP records four hours a day in a little rented house in North Raleigh. Today we broadcast around the clock, sharing Great Classical Music with a family of listeners and supporters stretching across the country and around the world. As a WCPE supporter, you can be proud of what we've accomplished together. And, the best is yet to come!
Please Become a Partner with WCPE
Consider this: Unlike most public radio stations in the U.S., WCPE operates independently of any university or other agency. We have never received money from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting or any other taxpayer-funded source. We believe our independence is one of our greatest strengths. But it also means that listener support is vital to our continued success. Apart from some underwriting by a few community-minded businesses, all of the funding to support Great Classical Music comes from individuals, like you, who love the music.
It's a special partnership, and one that has worked well for 35 years. But that partnership depends upon your participation. Especially with today's economic climate, your support is more important than ever before.
Help Ensure the Success of WCPE with your Sustaining Membership
Your tax-deductible gift this summer will help WCPE continue in its mission of bringing beautiful music to people everywhere. And when you choose to become a sustaining member, making regular, monthly contributions, you ensure the ongoing success of that mission.
As a sustaining member, your monthly contribution of $100, $50, $20 or even just $10 a month, helps provide a stable foundation of support for Great Classical Music. It makes sense: If you listen on a regular basis, why not make your gift regularly as well?
You know the value of WCPE in your life. Great Classical Music can be a source of relaxation, calm and healing. At times it can also be rousing, inspiring or just plain fun! Our music accompanies your workday and your leisure activities. What’s more, our programming is an intelligent alternative to so much of what's on commercial radio today. You can feel good about letting your children or grandchildren listen to WCPE.
Your support today ensures WCPE will be here for you and your family long into the future. But the benefits don't end there. Your gift helps WCPE to reach new listeners, to expand our family of music lovers and supporters, to share this music with someone else who needs it just as much as you do. Your gift really does help to make the world a better place.
Here are some WCPE Summer Program Highlights
We have some great features for you to enjoy this summer. Our Independence Day celebration on July 4 kicks off an extended Americana Weekend, featuring not only American composers but also the best American orchestras, conductors and soloists. Our popular Cinema Classics Weekend returns in August, highlighting classical selections that have been featured in your favorite films plus music written especially for the silver screen.
As always, Rob Kennedy brings you the best in Great Sacred Music every Sunday morning. Or, perhaps you're becoming a fan of My Life in Music, in which Tara Lynn spends an hour in musical conversation with a member of the North Carolina Symphony. There is so much more: Find out about it in Quarter Notes, our programming magazine, one of our benefits for members.
So, may we count on you to support Great Classical Music this summer?
Please fill out the enclosed reply card and mail it to WCPE with your check or credit card information, or give securely online at: TheClassicalStation.org. If you like, you may choose a thank-you gift from the enclosed flyer at your level of contribution.
We're grateful to have you as a member of the WCPE family. Thank you for all that you do.
↑ Back to Top