- 06/17 Fellow Richard Marlow Obituary
- 06/17 La Scala presents Wagner's Ring
- 06/14 Pianist Davide Martello Calms Istanbul
- 06/12 Farewell to Mario Bernardi
- 06/10 Concerto Caledonia
- 06/09 Ukraine pianist wins Cliburn piano competition
- 06/09 Stuck on China tarmac
- 06/06 Austrian Piano Virtuoso Buchbinder
- 06/05 The "Organ Heard 'Round The World"
- 06/05 The "Organ Heard 'Round The World"
- 06/04 Mariinsky Theatre broadcasts first live ballet in 3D
- 05/26 Channeling the Masters
- 05/23 ACO Names Bermel Artistic Director
- 05/21 BSO names Andris Nelsons Music Director
- 05/21 How to Entice People to the Symphony
- 05/19 Young, Yes; Youthful, Sometimes
- 05/19 Levine Commands Carnegie Hall
- 05/14 Take me out to the … opera?
- 05/13 BBC Proms reports record opening day ticket sales
- 05/07 N'Dour, Saariaho share Polar Music Prize
- 04/26 World Premiere of major new opera Dulce Rosa
- 04/26 EMI Classics and Virgin labels to disappear
- 04/19 Conrad Tao signs exclusively to EMI
- 04/18 Conductor Becomes First Woman to Lead Britain's Proms Finale
- 04/15 Still Searching for the Promised Land
- 04/15 Sir Colin Davis remembered
- 04/14 Sir Colin Davis dies
- 04/13 Stradivarius trees
- 04/13 Stravinsky puts a Spring in your step
- 04/10 SPCO deal brings relief, smiles
- 04/05 Have Some Fun
- 04/04 Montreal without Nagano?
- 04/03 It Takes Brass
- 04/03 Composer, educator Robert Ward dies
- 04/01 Vienna opera director collapses during performance
- 03/26 A foghorn, brass bands and 50 ships
- 03/26 Wigmore Hall, London: Viktoria Mullova, Paolo Giacometti
- 03/21 Rise Stevens, Mezzo-Soprano Star of ‘Carmen,’ Dies at 99
- 03/19 No Secret Formula to Music
- 03/15 Titanic bandmaster's violin found
- 03/13 Vivaldi Boosts Mental Vitality
- 03/11 Beginner's Etiquette Guide: Ballet & Opera
- 03/10 Written on Skin – review
- 03/03 Marie-Claire Alain, Master of the Organ
- 03/03 Barber of Seville; Emerson Quartet
- 02/27 Van Cliburn Dies
- 02/24 Mahan Esfahani – review
- 02/24 Wolfgang Sawallisch, 1923-2013
- 02/15 Britten’s War Requiem
- 02/11 Classical Grammy Awards
- 02/08 Oregon Symphony's James DePreist Dies
- 02/07 Warner Music Group Buys EMI
- 02/04 Work performed for the first time in 400 years
- 01/30 S.F.S.: The Rule of Spain and Britain
- 01/25 BBC Radio 3 - 'The Choir'
- 01/25 Quatuor Diotima – review
- 01/18 Royal Opera House- The Minotaur – review
- 01/14 Carolina Ballet: Lynn Taylor-Corbett
- 01/14 NC H.I.P.* Music Festival
- 01/11 WCPE Announcers: Top CD Picks of 2012
- 01/03 Royal Opera Live
May 30, 2013
This summer WCPE marks 35 years on the air! The Classical Station has come a long way since we began spinning LP records four hours a day in a little rented house in North Raleigh. Today we broadcast around the clock, sharing Great Classical Music with a family of listeners and supporters stretching across the country and around the world. As a WCPE supporter, you can be proud of what we've accomplished together. And, the best is yet to come!
Please Become a Partner with WCPE
Consider this: Unlike most public radio stations in the U.S., WCPE operates independently of any university or other agency. We have never received money from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting or any other taxpayer-funded source. We believe our independence is one of our greatest strengths. But it also means that listener support is vital to our continued success. Apart from some underwriting by a few community-minded businesses, all of the funding to support Great Classical Music comes from individuals, like you, who love the music.
It's a special partnership, and one that has worked well for 35 years. But that partnership depends upon your participation. Especially with today's economic climate, your support is more important than ever before.
Help Ensure the Success of WCPE with your Sustaining Membership
Your tax-deductible gift this summer will help WCPE continue in its mission of bringing beautiful music to people everywhere. And when you choose to become a sustaining member, making regular, monthly contributions, you ensure the ongoing success of that mission.
As a sustaining member, your monthly contribution of $100, $50, $20 or even just $10 a month, helps provide a stable foundation of support for Great Classical Music. It makes sense: If you listen on a regular basis, why not make your gift regularly as well?
You know the value of WCPE in your life. Great Classical Music can be a source of relaxation, calm and healing. At times it can also be rousing, inspiring or just plain fun! Our music accompanies your workday and your leisure activities. What’s more, our programming is an intelligent alternative to so much of what's on commercial radio today. You can feel good about letting your children or grandchildren listen to WCPE.
Your support today ensures WCPE will be here for you and your family long into the future. But the benefits don't end there. Your gift helps WCPE to reach new listeners, to expand our family of music lovers and supporters, to share this music with someone else who needs it just as much as you do. Your gift really does help to make the world a better place.
Here are some WCPE Summer Program Highlights
We have some great features for you to enjoy this summer. Our Independence Day celebration on July 4 kicks off an extended Americana Weekend, featuring not only American composers but also the best American orchestras, conductors and soloists. Our popular Cinema Classics Weekend returns in August, highlighting classical selections that have been featured in your favorite films plus music written especially for the silver screen.
As always, Rob Kennedy brings you the best in Great Sacred Music every Sunday morning. Or, perhaps you're becoming a fan of My Life in Music, in which Tara Lynn spends an hour in musical conversation with a member of the North Carolina Symphony. There is so much more: Find out about it in Quarter Notes, our programming magazine, one of our benefits for members.
So, may we count on you to support Great Classical Music this summer?
Please fill out the enclosed reply card and mail it to WCPE with your check or credit card information, or give securely online at: TheClassicalStation.org. If you like, you may choose a thank-you gift from the enclosed flyer at your level of contribution.
We're grateful to have you as a member of the WCPE family. Thank you for all that you do.
↑ Back to Top