- Special Note: Music Garden in Wake Forest is all about learning and fun
- 01/25 Distilling Japanese Sound From a Varied Catalog
- 01/19 Sir Simon Rattle at 60: 10 of his best performances
- 01/11 Reweaving a Tapestry From Charpentier’s Threads
- 01/07 National Youth Orchestra of the United States of America (NYO-USA) China Tour Details Announced
- 01/06 Getting Off To A Good Start: A New Year's Puzzler
- Special Note: The Biggest Classical Music Stories of 2014
- 12/19 School Finds Music Is the Food of Learning
- 12/12 Lydia Mordkovitch has died
- 12/10 Harmonic Ripples in a Watery World
- Special Note: Elim Chan wins 2014 Donatella Flick LSO Conducting Competition
- 12/08 ISO takes its show on the road
- 12/08 Heroic Onstage and Off
- 12/03 WCPE makes UK Telegraph's The Best Internet Radio Stations List
- 12/02 Grant Llewellyn awarded national music prize
- 11/27 Beethoven, ‘Cyrano’ and Samplings From Film Scores
- 11/19 How one Australian symphony orchestra protects players' ears
- 11/18 Graphing Gender in America’s Top Orchestras
- 11/18 Despite Offstage Worries, Onstage It’s All Artistry
- 11/11 Nonclassical, a London New-Music Franchise, Expanding to New York
- Special Note: A Major Mozart Discovery
- 10/31 WAO lose senior artistic staff
- 10/31 The Search for Mrs. Bach
- Special Note: Infograph: BSO 2014-15 By the Numbers
- 10/28 KC Symphony for Game 6, Joyce DiDonato for Game 7
- 10/27 John Barry’s Widow Establishes a Scholarship for Film Music
- 10/25 Did Bach’s wife write his finest works controversy
- 10/08 Australia Opera cancels Carmen over fears it promotes smoking
- 10/07 Read about the new documentary, "Maestro"
- 10/05 How to Make Music With a Whale
- 10/04 Handel & Haydn’s Bernard celebrates society’s success
- 09/30 Winners Chosen in Program to Aid Female Composers
- 09/28 Andris Nelsons Begins Tenure Leading BSO
- 09/24 Christopher Hogwood has died
- Special Note: Backstage at New York’s Metropolitan Opera! (Video)
- 09/16 2nd conductor resigns from Vienna State Opera
- 09/09 The Sixteen to tour with Monteverdi’s Vespers
- 09/02 Music Lessons Enhance Brain Function in Disadvantaged Kids
- 08/25 Frans Brüggen, Pioneer in Early Music
- 08/25 Czech Philharmonic Orchestra Belohlávek-Weilerstein review
- 08/22 Metropolitan Opera Reaches Settlement With Last Unions
- 08/19 Addicts Symphony
- 08/18 Metropolitan Opera and Two Unions Reach a Tentative Deal
- 08/14 Conductor Gerard Schwarz to record Season 2 of PBS series
- 08/13 Conductor Frans Brüggen has died
- 08/07 Louisville Orchestra in the black
- 08/05 Christiane Karg carries on performance with dislocated knee
- 08/04 Saito Kinen Festival to be renamed after maestro Ozawa
Dear Friend of WCPE,
I am very pleased to introduce myself as Development Director for WCPE! My family moved to the Triangle in 2012 and has enjoyed exploring beautiful North Carolina. We discovered WCPE immediately upon relocation and the station’s Great Classical Music fills our home every day as I know it fills yours!
My first months at the station have afforded me the opportunity to meet many WCPE listeners. I am struck, and humbled, by the generosity and loyalty of our supporters. I extend a special thanks to the donors who have been supporting WCPE since our very first broadcasts. You hold a special place in our hearts as WCPE would not exist today without you. I also thank the many supporters who have joined WCPE as we grew from our humble beginnings to the renowned, national station we are today. You have made our progress possible.
To keep WCPE going strong in 2015, we need continued collaborative support from our volunteers and listeners who value the commercial-free, Great Classical Music we play twenty-four hours a day, every day. WCPE is not affiliated with any institution and does not receive any tax payer support; we are completely dependent upon our listeners and business underwriters for 100% of our funding.
Your gift today, in advance of our October 15-26, 2014 Classic Collaboration Fall Membership Drive, will enable us to focus our on-air efforts on converting current listeners into new Members. We need to grow our Membership base in order to achieve our $600,000 goal for this campaign. With your support, we know we will be successful!
Thank you for making WCPE a wonderful example of how we accomplish our best work together: a classic collaboration!
PS. Please return your gift in advance of our Classic Collaboration Fall Membership Drive, scheduled to begin October 15th and help jump start our fundraising efforts. If you prefer you may contribute securely online at www.TheClassicalStation.org. Thank you for your steadfast support!
↑ Back to Top