- 12/10 La Scala Confirms Chailly Will Be Principal Conductor and Music Director
- 12/04 British Composer Award winners are revealed
- 11/19 da Vinci's extremely rare Viola Organista
- 11/12 British composer John Tavener dies aged 69
- 11/11 Kermit Moore, cellist, conductor and composer, is dead at 84
- 11/08 Triangle Youth Philharmonic to Premiere Work by Terry Mizesko
- 11/04 Malone: "This is my Hitchcock moment"
- 10/28 Pianist Lang Lang Chosen as UN Messenger of Peace
- 10/22 Verdi and the Birth of Modern Italy
- 10/14 Royal Opera House expands Cinema Season
- 10/04 The Return of ‘The Nose’
- 09/24 A Fight for Love, in the Met and Out
- 09/18 NC Symphony Music Director Set to Lead Orchestra Through 2018 Season
- 09/13 Why music is good for the heart
- 09/12 Opinion: Star Tribune shouldn't echo
- 09/09 NYC Opera needs to raise $7M
- 09/03 10 Easy Ways To Optimize Your Music Practice
- 08/26 Britten's 'Paul Bunyan'
- 08/20 In music, the eyes matter
- 08/13 Sir Kenneth Branagh named campaign patron for Hallé St Peter's
- 08/09 Cloaking an Opera in a New Identity
- 07/29 Why young people still care about classical music
- 07/18 Your First Classical Music Crush
- 07/16 Why should we play the music of our time?
- 07/13 Youth Orchestra That's A National First
- 07/09 Jonathan Biss presents free online course on Beethoven
- 06/27 RSNO appoints new assistant conductor
- 06/19 Richard Marlow has died
- 06/17 La Scala presents Wagner's Ring
- 06/14 Pianist Davide Martello Calms Istanbul
- 06/12 Farewell to Mario Bernardi
- 06/10 Concerto Caledonia
- 06/09 Ukraine pianist wins Cliburn piano competition
- 06/09 Stuck on China tarmac
- 06/06 Austrian Piano Virtuoso Buchbinder
We at WCPE extend to you our best wishes for the holidays and for the coming year. Lately, you may have heard our “give-the-gift of membership” announcements. If you are struggling for gift ideas for that special hard-to-please someone, consider a gift that lasts all year long; the gift of a WCPE membership. Rather than purchasing a “thing” that winds up unused and forgotten in the back of a closet, give the gift of music. Your donation in someone’s honor will be acknowledged by WCPE to the recipient with a card. (Please call the station if you would like more details).
Or, perhaps you think of WCPE as a good friend with whom you spend each day; a constant companion whose presence has helped to enrich the quality of your life and cultivate your mind. Either way, whether you have a good friend that you would like to do something special for, or whether WCPE is that good friend, share your love of music at holiday time, and all year long by making a donation to WCPE, TheClassicalStation.org.
We know you are asked to support many worthy organizations at this time of year. Please take a moment to consider the value that WCPE adds to your life and to the life of our community. Your tax-deductible year-end gift will go a long way toward helping us achieve our goal of keeping the music you love on the air in the coming year. Your support makes it all possible, and for that we offer our sincere thanks! With your help, we can continue to bring you Great Classical Music, twenty four hours each day.
A reply card and return envelope are enclosed for your convenience. You also have the option of making your secure online gift at: TheClassicalStation.org. You may choose to become an on-going sustaining member or to spread your gift over a few installments to make budgeting easier. Or, you might prefer to make a donation in one payment to maximize your 2013 charitable tax deduction.
No matter how you choose to give your support, we are grateful to have you as a member of the WCPE family and we look forward to serving you in 2014!
The staff at WCPE
↑ Back to Top