- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
WCPE Home Page
On our next Monday Night at the Symphony we'll spend an evening with the Cleveland Orchestra. Hear music of Schubert, Beethoven and Wagner with conductors Christoph von Dohnanyi, George Szell, and Franz Welser-Most, now in his 15th season as Cleveland’s music director.
Listen each week as we showcase a great orchestra on Monday Night at the Symphony, Mondays at 8 p.m. (Eastern) on The Classical Station, and online at TheClassicalStation.org.
Read More »
Questions? Comments? Please write to us here:
Follow WCPE on Facebook | Twitter
« Read Less
WCPE-FM Education Fund Announces New Grant Application Period for 2017-2018 Season
Read more >>>
Read about 2015-2016's recipients here.
When your contribution is at least $50.00, you may, in lieu of choosing a gift, designate that 10% of your donation go toward the WCPE Education Fund . Please check the appropriate box in the Secure Pledge Form!
When your contribution is at least $50.00, you may, in lieu of choosing a gift, designate that 10% of your donation go toward the WCPE Education Fund. Please check the appropriate box in the Secure Pledge Form!
The Metropolitan Opera Announces the 2016-17 Season
The Metropolitan Opera’s 2016-17 Season—Its 50th Anniversary at Lincoln Center — Will Feature 225 Performances of 26 Operas, With Six New Productions, Including a Met Premiere!
Be sure to sign up for WCPE's 'Crescendo', our Monthly Newsletter!
"What was that beautiful piece of music??" Find out now by browsing through a week's worth of playlists!
Meet the Announcer
Ever wonder what your favorite voice looks like? See photos and read brief biographies of WCPE's announcers!
WCPE's Member Magazine
Published quarterly, this magazine and listener guide offers featured works and program highlights for the WCPE season to come, plus station news, reviews, interviews and other articles designed to enhance your classical music journey.
Quarter Notes is sent to WCPE members in print version, and members may also choose to view this website's "green" online version. To become a WCPE member (your gift is tax-deductible!) and receive a year's subscription to Quarter Notes, click here.
Donate your car to WCPE!
If your automobile (truck, boat, motorcycle, RV, or aircraft) is no longer of use to you, it can still go a long way as a donation in support of the Great Classical Music you rely on from WCPE. Learn how!
Tell us how you feel about WCPE!
Record your message on the WCPE Listener Comment Line. Please phone (919) 570-0204 and tell us what WCPE means to you.
Find out more about a fun way to support your home for Great Classical Music.
Live Metropolitan Opera Saturday radio broadcasts can be heard on this website. To see the Metropolitan Opera schedule click here.