- Special Note: Elim Chan wins 2014 Donatella Flick LSO Conducting Competition
- 12/19 School Finds Music Is the Food of Learning
- 12/12 Lydia Mordkovitch has died
- 12/10 Harmonic Ripples in a Watery World
- 12/08 ISO takes its show on the road
- 12/08 Heroic Onstage and Off
- 12/03 WCPE makes UK Telegraph's The Best Internet Radio Stations List
- 12/02 Grant Llewellyn awarded national music prize
- 11/27 Beethoven, ‘Cyrano’ and Samplings From Film Scores
- 11/19 How one Australian symphony orchestra protects players' ears
- 11/18 Graphing Gender in America’s Top Orchestras
- 11/18 Despite Offstage Worries, Onstage It’s All Artistry
- 11/11 Nonclassical, a London New-Music Franchise, Expanding to New York
- Special Note: A Major Mozart Discovery
- 10/31 WAO lose senior artistic staff
- 10/31 The Search for Mrs. Bach
- Special Note: Infograph: BSO 2014-15 By the Numbers
- 10/28 KC Symphony for Game 6, Joyce DiDonato for Game 7
- 10/27 John Barry’s Widow Establishes a Scholarship for Film Music
- 10/25 Did Bach’s wife write his finest works controversy
- 10/08 Australia Opera cancels Carmen over fears it promotes smoking
- 10/07 Read about the new documentary, "Maestro"
- 10/05 How to Make Music With a Whale
- 10/04 Handel & Haydn’s Bernard celebrates society’s success
- 09/30 Winners Chosen in Program to Aid Female Composers
- 09/28 Andris Nelsons Begins Tenure Leading BSO
- 09/24 Christopher Hogwood has died
- Special Note: Backstage at New York’s Metropolitan Opera! (Video)
- 09/16 2nd conductor resigns from Vienna State Opera
- 09/09 The Sixteen to tour with Monteverdi’s Vespers
- 09/02 Music Lessons Enhance Brain Function in Disadvantaged Kids
- 08/25 Frans Brüggen, Pioneer in Early Music
- 08/25 Czech Philharmonic Orchestra Belohlávek-Weilerstein review
- 08/22 Metropolitan Opera Reaches Settlement With Last Unions
- 08/19 Addicts Symphony
- 08/18 Metropolitan Opera and Two Unions Reach a Tentative Deal
- 08/14 Conductor Gerard Schwarz to record Season 2 of PBS series
- 08/13 Conductor Frans Brüggen has died
- 08/07 Louisville Orchestra in the black
- 08/05 Christiane Karg carries on performance with dislocated knee
- 08/04 Saito Kinen Festival to be renamed after maestro Ozawa
WCPE Home Page
This week on Great Sacred Music you can hear music for Christmas by Richard Dirksen, Jonathan Quick, William Mathias and Philip Moore in the first hour.
Read More »
Our Bach cantata is BWV 12 "Das neugeborne Kindelein" which will be followed by Ottorino Respighi's "Laud to the nativity of the Lord"
Our third hour will feature Hector Berlioz' L'Enfance du Christ.
Great Sacred Music presents the best choirs and organists every Sunday morning from 8 until 11 eastern with your host Rob Kennedy.
« Read Less
Sunday December 14th at 6PM EST
This week on WCPE's Preview! we'll hear the Concerto for Two Trumpets and Band by the late Stephen Paulus, a Grammy nominee for Best Contemporary Classical Composition. Trumpeters Eric Berlin and Richard Kelley are featured.
Read More »
Tara Lynn speaks with cellist Alisa Weilerstein about her latest CD, "Solo".
Anna Netrebko sings the Four Last Songs of Richard Strauss with Daniel Barenboim leading Staatskapelle Berlin. And Quintetto Bottesini plays the Piano Quintet No. 1 in A minor of French composer Louise Farrenc.
Preview! the best in new classical recordings and arts news each Sunday from 69 p.m. Eastern Time, on The Classical Station, WCPE.
« Read Less
This week on WCPE's Wavelengths, Gil and Orli Shaham perform Nigunim, the Violin Sonata No. 3 of Avner Dorman.
Robert Spano leads the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus in Alvin Singleton's PraiseMaker. And the Corigliano Quartet plays Jeffrey Mumford's The Promise of the Far Horizon.
Read More »
If you have been considering donating your car to WCPE, now is the time. For one week only, when you donate your vehicle to WCPE, you will receive a tax receipt for your charitable donation, AND a $50 gift card for gas.
The donation must be made now through December 29 to qualify for this special promotion. Call 1-877-WCPE-USA. That’s 1-877-927-3872 and donate your car to WCPE today!
Burns & Allen made us laugh, Astaire & Rogers inspired us with their grace, Gilbert & Sullivan gave us unforgettable stories and songs. By working together, these artists produced their finest work.
At WCPE, we believe we accomplish our best work together too. WCPE is truly a Classic Collaboration: the collaborative efforts of our volunteers, supporters and listeners have enabled WCPE to keep the Great Classical Music playing for over thirty-seven wonderful years.
Make your pledge today and join our Classic Collaboration! You can call us at 800-556-5178 or make your pledge on-line at our Secure Pledge Page Here. When you make your pledge, please take a moment to fill out the comment area where you can share your thoughts and opinions with us. WCPE values your input!
The Metropolitan Opera Announces the 2014-15 Season
The Met’s 2014-15 Season Will Feature 26 Operas, Including Three Met Premieres, In Six New Productions and 18 Revivals!
Be sure to sign up for WCPE's 'Crescendo', our Monthly Newsletter!
"What was that beautiful piece of music??" Find out now by browsing through a week's worth of playlists!
Meet the Announcer
Ever wonder what your favorite voice looks like? See photos and read brief biographies of WCPE's announcers!
WCPE's Member Magazine
Published quarterly, this magazine and listener guide offers featured works and program highlights for the WCPE season to come, plus station news, reviews, interviews and other articles designed to enhance your classical music journey.
Quarter Notes is sent to WCPE members in print version, and members may also choose to view this website's "green" online version. To become a WCPE member (your gift is tax-deductible!) and receive a year's subscription to Quarter Notes, click here.
Donate your car to WCPE!
If your automobile (truck, boat, motorcycle, RV, or aircraft) is no longer of use to you, it can still go a long way as a donation in support of the Great Classical Music you rely on from WCPE. Learn how!
Tell us how you feel about WCPE!
Record your message on the WCPE Listener Comment Line. Please phone (919) 570-0204 and tell us what WCPE means to you.
Find out more about a fun way to support your home for Great Classical Music.
Live Metropolitan Opera Saturday radio broadcasts can be heard on this website. To see the Metropolitan Opera schedule click here.