- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
- 07/31 BBC Proms 2016: reviews of the best Proms so far
- 07/25 Teenage tenor saves the day at Three Choirs Festival opening night
- 07/18 Classical music gets my pulse racing
- 07/15 Gregg Smith, Choral Leader Who Elevated Standards, Dies at 84’
- 07/15 Sakari Oramo: ‘The Proms should not be dumbed down’
- 07/08 Dada Was Born 100 Years Ago. Fish.
- 06/28 David Lang: anthems for doomed youth
- 06/20 Glastonbury to celebrate David Bowie with first classical music headliner
- 06/16 Rare Stradivarius recorded for the first time
- 06/12 Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Debuts Two New Works
- 06/04 Kronos Quartet Wants To Give You Free Music — And Teach You How To Play It
- 06/03 Yannick Nézet-Séguin to Succeed James Levine as Met Opera’s Music Director
- 05/30 Cello Nation:
The Piatigorsky Festival
- 05/23 Baritone Benjamin Appl signs to Sony Classical
WCPE Listen via FM
WCPE broadcasts with 100,000 watts at 89.7 MHz FM; rebroadcasts with W202BQ 88.3 Aberdeen, WZPE Bath 90.1, WBUX Buxton 90.5, W237CM Fayetteville 95.3, W205CA Foxfire 88.9, WURI Manteo 90.9, and W210BS New Bern 89.9; and in Virginia W292DF Basset Forks 106.3, Danville W275AW 102.9; streams online in Windows Media, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 formats ; and offers free programming for radio stations, cable TV systems and owners of home satellite receivers. WCPE's Ku-Band signal is on the AMC-1 Satellite, 103° West, Transponder 12, vertical polarization. The digital tuning information is: Downlink 11942 MHz; IF 1192 MHz; FEC 3/4; Symbol Rate 20 ms/s; Audio PID 5417 decimal, or 1529 hex; ch 81.
WCPE may be rebroadcast free of charge. It is a violation of law to record copyrighted music or performances without authorization; please use WCPE's programs and services properly.
For additional information on where to tune in via FM nationwide, please visit our Partners page here.