- 11/27 100 Years Of Bernstein With Gianandrea Noseda
- 11/22 Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Silver-Maned Baritone From Siberia, Dies at 55
- 11/07 This cello was played in the trenches of the First World War
- 10/19 Philip Glass Reveals His Love for the Cello
- 10/10 New York Architects Chosen for Major New London Concert Hall
- 09/22 Pianist is composing classical music from irregular heartbeats, to help diagnose patients
- 09/10 Heartbroken pianist plays non-stop in public
- 08/22 Anna Netrebko Storms Salzburg, Classical Music’s Summit
- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
- 07/12 Rising-star cellist Bryan Cheng receives Michael Measures Prize
- 07/04 Putting ‘Don Giovanni’ on a Truck, and Returning Opera to Its Roots
- 06/27 A Life of Toscanini, Maestro With Passion and Principles
- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
WCPE Listen via FM
WCPE broadcasts with 100,000 watts at 89.7 MHz FM; rebroadcasts with W202BQ 88.3 Aberdeen, WZPE Bath 90.1, WBUX Buxton 90.5, W237CM Fayetteville 95.3, W205CA Foxfire 88.9, WURI Manteo 90.9, and W210BS New Bern 89.9; and in Virginia W292DF Basset Forks 106.3, Danville W275AW 102.9; streams online in Windows Media, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 formats ; and offers free programming for radio stations, cable TV systems and owners of home satellite receivers. WCPE's Ku-Band signal is on the AMC-1 Satellite, 103° West, Transponder 12, vertical polarization. The digital tuning information is: Downlink 11942 MHz; IF 1192 MHz; FEC 3/4; Symbol Rate 20 ms/s; Audio PID 5417 decimal, or 1529 hex; ch 81.
WCPE may be rebroadcast free of charge. It is a violation of law to record copyrighted music or performances without authorization; please use WCPE's programs and services properly.
For additional information on where to tune in via FM nationwide, please visit our Partners page here.