- 02/04 Mirga Gražinyte-Tyla to be new Music Director for City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- 02/03 HIP Festival Aims to Rediscover Forgotten Symphonies
- 02/02 Renée Fleming: 'Live cinema is a threat to opera'
- 01/29 Gustavo Dudamel and Youth Orchestra L.A.'s Super Bowl halftime show
- 01/27 New York Philharmonic Taps Jaap van Zweden as Its Next Maestro
- 01/25 Nigel Kennedy, The New Four Seasons tour
- 01/21 Live: Suspense and tragedy with the North Carolina Symphony
- 01/15 Six of the best classical guitarists.
- 01/12 Pierre Boulez: 'He was one of the naughtiest of great artists'
- 01/10 Dates of key Mozart symphonies are wrong, claims music scholar
- 01/06 Pierre Boulez, French Composer (NYT) (March 26, 1925 – January 5, 2016)
- 01/03 Meet the woman conductor for the LA Philharmonic
- 01/01 “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is almost certain to secure John Williams his fiftieth Oscar nomination NYT)
- ♬ Special Note: Our 10 Favorite Classical Albums Of 2015
- 12/19 Conductor Kurt Masur, Leader Of Orchestras In New York And Beyond, Has Died
- 12/16 Jane Austen’s music collection published online
WCPE Out and About:
For this event musicians from the North Carolina Symphony performed live while artists Pete Sack, David Eichenberger, and Georges Le Chevallier created visual responses to the music. The theme for the artworks revolved around the Second Movement from Ravel's String Quartet in F.
WCPE thanks Karen Strittmatter Galvin, violin; Maria Evola, violin; Carrie Fischer, viola; and Lisa Shaughnessy, cello. We thank Pete Sack, David Eichenberger and Georges Le Chevallier. For their support in making this event possible we are grateful to The North Carolina Symphony, Kings Barcade and Jerrys Artarama.
|Click on the thumbnail images below to see a larger image!|
- “It was a cool event, unique, perfect sunday!”
— Joanna C
“It was a pleasure working beside you Georges...”
— Pete Sack
“It was great being among you and David, two artists
who I really admire.”
— Georges Le Chevallier
- “...woah! what a great idea!”
— Katie G
- “What a fabulous thing!”
— Jennifer S
- A comment about Georges' art:
“amazing pieces and such a cool event!”
— Courtney B