- 06/29 Facing the music: Eric Whitacre
- 06/22 Kirill Petrenko to succeed Simon Rattle at the Berlin Philharmonic
- 06/22 James Horner, Film Composer, Dies in Plane Crash
- 06/22 Recognition of Ernest Tomlinson, orchestral composer
- 06/21 R.I.P. Gunther Schuller, Pulitzer-winning jazz and classical musician
- 06/06 Are We All Mistuning Our Instruments, and Can We Blame the Nazis?
- ♬ Special Note: Carla Dirlikov becomes first opera singer to be named to The
President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities' Turnaround Arts
- 06/03 Remembering Margaret Juntwait
- ♬ Special Note: Kansas City Symphony players take Haydn, Mozart to prison
- 05/30 JoAnn Falletta to remain at BPO through 2021
- ♬ Special Note: Daniel Barenboim reveals radical new piano design
- 05/28 UB chamber music series combines classical music, architectural history
- 05/20 Minnesota Orchestra signs deals with Vänskä, musicians
- 05/16 Leif Ove Andsnes: my key to a modern Beethoven
- 05/11 Symphonic diplomacy is goal of Minnesota Orchestra's Cuba trip
- 05/08 How the CSO engineered its turnaround
- 05/05 The little orchestra that leads itself
- 05/04 Eric Jacobsen new music director of Orlando Philharmonic
- 05/04 ‘The Rake’s Progress’ Makes a Brief Visit at the Met
- 05/03 Paul Bryan inducted into the NC Bandmasters Association Hall of Fame
- 04/29 Iconic Portrait of Composer J.S. Bach Returns to Germany
- 04/28 Trumpeter Rolf Smedvig Dies Suddenly
- 04/27 A World of Spanish Songs
- 04/20 Julia Wolfe Wins Music Pulitzer
- 04/15 North Carolina native Caroline Shaw ignores the divides
- 04/14 ECU Chamber Singers win international choral competition
- 04/11 Listen to the Future
- 04/09 Twitter Outrage Takes Toronto, Canceling Two Pianists
- 04/09 Music by living composers is faring well
- 04/02 Vienna Philharmonic will do 3-year residency in Naples
WCPE About Us: History — 33 and 1/3rd!
WCPE celebrates its first third of a century!
Click here to view the WCPE 33 1/3rd PDF!
WCPE’s mission is to expand the community of Classical music lovers by sharing Classical music with everyone, everywhere, at any time. We entertain, educate, and engage our audience with informative announcers, programs, and publications. We strive to make it easy to appreciate and enjoy Great Classical Music. Quarter Notes, the beautifully designed WCPE member magazine, is our gift to members every quarter. An informative guide to the upcoming quarter’s music programming, it contains music listings and columns on your favorite WCPE programs. You will enjoy articles about composers, performers, and announcers, local WCPE events, and highlights of the quarter.