- 07/25 Teenage tenor saves the day at Three Choirs Festival opening night
- 07/18 Classical music gets my pulse racing
- 07/15 Gregg Smith, Choral Leader Who Elevated Standards, Dies at 84’
- 07/15 Sakari Oramo: ‘The Proms should not be dumbed down’
- 07/08 Dada Was Born 100 Years Ago. Fish.
- 06/28 David Lang: anthems for doomed youth
- 06/20 Glastonbury to celebrate David Bowie with first classical music headliner
- 06/16 Rare Stradivarius recorded for the first time
- 06/12 Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Debuts Two New Works
- 06/04 Kronos Quartet Wants To Give You Free Music — And Teach You How To Play It
- 06/03 Yannick Nézet-Séguin to Succeed James Levine as Met Opera’s Music Director
- 05/30 Cello Nation:
The Piatigorsky Festival
- 05/23 Baritone Benjamin Appl signs to Sony Classical
- 05/19 UConn's top puppetry program collaborates with Boston Pops
- 05/17 Young Musician winner Sheku Kanneh-Mason is just what classical music needs
- 05/09 Facing the music: Paul Lewis
- 05/03 A Midsummer Night's Dream, Middle Temple Hall
WCPE About Us: Donate Your Car!
Donate Your Car
Go the last mile with your used vehicle. If your automobile (truck, boat, motorcycle, RV, or aircraft) is no longer of use to you, it can still go a long way as a donation in support of the programs you rely on from WCPE. Plus, it's a great opportunity for you to reduce your taxable income when itemizing taxes.
Here's how it works:
Center for Car Donations (CFCD), manages the donations on our behalf. Call them toll-free at 1-877-WCPEUSA for more information or to begin the car donation process. (Don't forget to indicate that WCPE is the recipient of your donation.) A CFCD representative will schedule a pickup that's convenient for you, and provide you with confirmation of your donation. We will mail you a confirmation that states how much your vehicle sold for at auction. This amount is what you can claim on your the itemized tax return.
You will be entitled to a one year subscription to Quarter Notes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my car have to be running to qualify for donation?
No, the car must have an engine and be tow-able. Cars that are in extremely poor condition or far from our tow range may be declined, as the cost to tow them may be more than the value of the vehicle. Call the CFCD representative to find out if your vehicle qualifies.
What paperwork do I need?
The only paperwork needed is a signed title or "pink slip". (Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien.)
What if I lost the title or "pink slip"?
You will need to get a duplicate title and call 1-877-WCPEUSA when you have received it.
How quickly can my vehicle be picked up?
Vehicles are picked up at a time that is convenient for you. Call the CFCD representative to find out what times are available in your neighborhood.
Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?
No. Special arrangements can be made by calling CFCD at 1-877-WCPEUSA.
What does WCPE do with donated vehicles?
The vehicles are sold at a private auction. The proceeds are used to help support WCPE in its mission to Share Great Classical Music.
What can I do to find out how much my vehicle will be donated for?
Unfortunately, it is not easy to know how much a vehicle will be sold for at auction; however, every effort is made to achieve the highest value possible. Only the most reputable auction houses are used and minor improvements may be made to potentially increase the value of the sale, if necessary.
Do I get a receipt for my donation?
Yes, the driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick-up. The initial acknowledgment will indicate your name, the year, make, model and the condition of the vehicle you are donating. This is not your final tax receipt. A final acknowledgment with our Federal ID # will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution.
I donated my car several weeks ago but have not received my complimentary membership. When should I expect to receive it?
Often, it takes four weeks from the moment your vehicle is picked up to the time WCPE receives notification of your donation.
What else will I need to do?
You will need to remove your tags from the vehicle and turn them into DMV. After your vehicle is picked up and you have received the receipt from the driver, you will need to notify your insurance company that coverage is no longer necessary.
Thank you for Supporting Great Classical Music on WCPE