- ♬ Special Note: ‘You Us We All’ Creates a Baroque Vision of Modern Life
- 11/16 Robert Craft, Stravinsky expert, conductor and author, has died
- 11/14 At Metropolitan Opera, Support for Paris Sounds Out With Singing of France’s National Anthem
- 11/14 Oakland Symphony revives a forgotten gem
- 11/04 Alice Cooper: 'These classical composers were crazier than me!'
- 11/03 Nicola Benedetti teams up with jazz titan Wynton Marsalis
- 10/26 Lucerne Festival to Feature Female Conductors
- 10/22 Chopin International Piano Competition 'Unequivocally Brilliant'
- 10/19 Para-Composition
- 10/09 From My Homeland – A concert of Violin and Viola Works
- 10/04 Górecki Total Immersion
- 10/01 Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Strauss's Salome, Poole
- 09/22 Metropolitan Opera’s New ‘Otello,’ Bold and Tentative
- 09/17 Sir David Willcocks: his musicality was impregnable
- 09/12 Marin Alsop: 'The Last Night of the Proms is more than just a concert'
- 09/08 BPO's new concertmaster comes from Toronto, via Finland
- 08/25 Exclusive Video: Anja Harteros records 'O Patria mia'
- 08/16 Lars Vogt Presents Late-Career Beethoven and Schubert
- 08/13 Written on Skin and the problem of new opera
- 08/12 R.I.P. Ronald Wilford, talent manager
- 08/06 Totenberg’s Stolen Stradivarius Is Found After 35 Years
- 08/03 Spectacle and Substance at Bregenz Festival
WCPE About Us: Donate Your Car!
Donate Your Car
Go the last mile with your used vehicle. If your automobile (truck, boat, motorcycle, RV, or aircraft) is no longer of use to you, it can still go a long way as a donation in support of the programs you rely on from WCPE. Plus, it's a great opportunity for you to reduce your taxable income when itemizing taxes.
Here's how it works:
Center for Car Donations (CFCD), manages the donations on our behalf. Call them toll-free at 1-877-WCPEUSA for more information or to begin the car donation process. (Don't forget to indicate that WCPE is the recipient of your donation.) A CFCD representative will schedule a pickup that's convenient for you, and provide you with confirmation of your donation. We will mail you a confirmation that states how much your vehicle sold for at auction. This amount is what you can claim on your the itemized tax return.
You will be entitled to a one year subscription to Quarter Notes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my car have to be running to qualify for donation?
No, the car must have an engine and be tow-able. Cars that are in extremely poor condition or far from our tow range may be declined, as the cost to tow them may be more than the value of the vehicle. Call the CFCD representative to find out if your vehicle qualifies.
What paperwork do I need?
The only paperwork needed is a signed title or "pink slip". (Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien.)
What if I lost the title or "pink slip"?
You will need to get a duplicate title and call 1-877-WCPEUSA when you have received it.
How quickly can my vehicle be picked up?
Vehicles are picked up at a time that is convenient for you. Call the CFCD representative to find out what times are available in your neighborhood.
Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?
No. Special arrangements can be made by calling CFCD at 1-877-WCPEUSA.
What does WCPE do with donated vehicles?
The vehicles are sold at a private auction. The proceeds are used to help support WCPE in its mission to Share Great Classical Music.
What can I do to find out how much my vehicle will be donated for?
Unfortunately, it is not easy to know how much a vehicle will be sold for at auction; however, every effort is made to achieve the highest value possible. Only the most reputable auction houses are used and minor improvements may be made to potentially increase the value of the sale, if necessary.
Do I get a receipt for my donation?
Yes, the driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick-up. The initial acknowledgment will indicate your name, the year, make, model and the condition of the vehicle you are donating. This is not your final tax receipt. A final acknowledgment with our Federal ID # will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution.
I donated my car several weeks ago but have not received my complimentary membership. When should I expect to receive it?
Often, it takes four weeks from the moment your vehicle is picked up to the time WCPE receives notification of your donation.
What else will I need to do?
You will need to remove your tags from the vehicle and turn them into DMV. After your vehicle is picked up and you have received the receipt from the driver, you will need to notify your insurance company that coverage is no longer necessary.
Thank you for Supporting Great Classical Music on WCPE