- 01/25 Distilling Japanese Sound From a Varied Catalog
- 01/19 Sir Simon Rattle at 60: 10 of his best performances
- 01/11 Reweaving a Tapestry From Charpentier’s Threads
- 01/07 National Youth Orchestra of the United States of America (NYO-USA) China Tour Details Announced
- 01/06 Getting Off To A Good Start: A New Year's Puzzler
- Special Note: The Biggest Classical Music Stories of 2014
- 12/19 School Finds Music Is the Food of Learning
- 12/12 Lydia Mordkovitch has died
- 12/10 Harmonic Ripples in a Watery World
- Special Note: Elim Chan wins 2014 Donatella Flick LSO Conducting Competition
- 12/08 ISO takes its show on the road
- 12/08 Heroic Onstage and Off
- 12/03 WCPE makes UK Telegraph's The Best Internet Radio Stations List
- 12/02 Grant Llewellyn awarded national music prize
- 11/27 Beethoven, ‘Cyrano’ and Samplings From Film Scores
- 11/19 How one Australian symphony orchestra protects players' ears
- 11/18 Graphing Gender in America’s Top Orchestras
- 11/18 Despite Offstage Worries, Onstage It’s All Artistry
- 11/11 Nonclassical, a London New-Music Franchise, Expanding to New York
- Special Note: A Major Mozart Discovery
- 10/31 WAO lose senior artistic staff
- 10/31 The Search for Mrs. Bach
- Special Note: Infograph: BSO 2014-15 By the Numbers
- 10/28 KC Symphony for Game 6, Joyce DiDonato for Game 7
- 10/27 John Barry’s Widow Establishes a Scholarship for Film Music
- 10/25 Did Bach’s wife write his finest works controversy
- 10/08 Australia Opera cancels Carmen over fears it promotes smoking
- 10/07 Read about the new documentary, "Maestro"
- 10/05 How to Make Music With a Whale
- 10/04 Handel & Haydn’s Bernard celebrates society’s success
- 09/30 Winners Chosen in Program to Aid Female Composers
- 09/28 Andris Nelsons Begins Tenure Leading BSO
- 09/24 Christopher Hogwood has died
- Special Note: Backstage at New York’s Metropolitan Opera! (Video)
- 09/16 2nd conductor resigns from Vienna State Opera
- 09/09 The Sixteen to tour with Monteverdi’s Vespers
- 09/02 Music Lessons Enhance Brain Function in Disadvantaged Kids
- 08/25 Frans Brüggen, Pioneer in Early Music
- 08/25 Czech Philharmonic Orchestra Belohlávek-Weilerstein review
- 08/22 Metropolitan Opera Reaches Settlement With Last Unions
- 08/19 Addicts Symphony
- 08/18 Metropolitan Opera and Two Unions Reach a Tentative Deal
- 08/14 Conductor Gerard Schwarz to record Season 2 of PBS series
- 08/13 Conductor Frans Brüggen has died
- 08/07 Louisville Orchestra in the black
- 08/05 Christiane Karg carries on performance with dislocated knee
- 08/04 Saito Kinen Festival to be renamed after maestro Ozawa
WCPE About Us: Donate Your Car!
Donate Your Car
Go the last mile with your used vehicle. If your automobile (truck, boat, motorcycle, RV, or aircraft) is no longer of use to you, it can still go a long way as a donation in support of the programs you rely on from WCPE. Plus, it's a great opportunity for you to reduce your taxable income when itemizing taxes.
Here's how it works:
Center for Car Donations (CFCD), manages the donations on our behalf. Call them toll-free at 1-877-WCPEUSA for more information or to begin the car donation process. (Don't forget to indicate that WCPE is the recipient of your donation.) A CFCD representative will schedule a pickup that's convenient for you, and provide you with confirmation of your donation. We will mail you a confirmation that states how much your vehicle sold for at auction. This amount is what you can claim on your the itemized tax return.
You will be entitled to a one year subscription to Quarter Notes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my car have to be running to qualify for donation?
No, the car must have an engine and be tow-able. Cars that are in extremely poor condition or far from our tow range may be declined, as the cost to tow them may be more than the value of the vehicle. Call the CFCD representative to find out if your vehicle qualifies.
What paperwork do I need?
The only paperwork needed is a signed title or "pink slip". (Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien.)
What if I lost the title or "pink slip"?
You will need to get a duplicate title and call 1-877-WCPEUSA when you have received it.
How quickly can my vehicle be picked up?
Vehicles are picked up at a time that is convenient for you. Call the CFCD representative to find out what times are available in your neighborhood.
Do I have to be with the vehicle at the time of pick-up?
No. Special arrangements can be made by calling CFCD at 1-877-WCPEUSA.
What does WCPE do with donated vehicles?
The vehicles are sold at a private auction. The proceeds are used to help support WCPE in its mission to Share Great Classical Music.
What can I do to find out how much my vehicle will be donated for?
Unfortunately, it is not easy to know how much a vehicle will be sold for at auction; however, every effort is made to achieve the highest value possible. Only the most reputable auction houses are used and minor improvements may be made to potentially increase the value of the sale, if necessary.
Do I get a receipt for my donation?
Yes, the driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick-up. The initial acknowledgment will indicate your name, the year, make, model and the condition of the vehicle you are donating. This is not your final tax receipt. A final acknowledgment with our Federal ID # will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your vehicle. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution.
I donated my car several weeks ago but have not received my complimentary membership. When should I expect to receive it?
Often, it takes four weeks from the moment your vehicle is picked up to the time WCPE receives notification of your donation.
What else will I need to do?
You will need to remove your tags from the vehicle and turn them into DMV. After your vehicle is picked up and you have received the receipt from the driver, you will need to notify your insurance company that coverage is no longer necessary.
Thank you for Supporting Great Classical Music on WCPE