- 08/07 Forebears: Maria Callas, The Divine Voice Of Classical Music
- 07/20 Igor Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring” at Burning Man
- 07/12 Rising-star cellist Bryan Cheng receives Michael Measures Prize
- 07/04 Putting ‘Don Giovanni’ on a Truck, and Returning Opera to Its Roots
- 06/27 A Life of Toscanini, Maestro With Passion and Principles
- 06/19 Thomas Allen: ‘I fly the flag for opera as a great art form'
- 06/12 Yekwon Sunwoo wins the Cliburn Piano Competition
- 06/01 Jiri Belohlavek, Czech Conductor, Dies at 71
- 05/26 A Fast-Rising Czech Conductor Leads the Philharmonic
- 05/19 Royal Albert Hall invites the public to share memories
- 05/12 A Valiant Return to the Met Opera: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments
- 04/27 Composer Max Richter’s top five lesser-known classical music picks
- 04/21 Bill Murray to release classical music album
- 04/12 Where Pianists Look When They Play
Hint: Not at their hands.
- 04/07 A Passion for Bach: why the St John belongs on the live stage at Easter
- 03/29 Early Music Vancouver's back to Bach headlines classical music blitz
- 03/17 where have classical music’s uppercase letters gone?
- 03/15 A New York Philharmonic Coup: Deborah Borda Is Named the New Leader
- 03/14 Stradivarius heard for first time since 1980 theft
- 03/08 Fanny Mendelssohn's getting her due
- 03/02 Orchestral librarians: In The Line Of Fire
- 02/18 Is Rossini’s Cinderella overrated?
- 02/10 Leontyne Price: The Voice We Still Love To Talk About
- 02/08 Remembering Nicolai Gedda, 91, Versatile Tenor Whose Career Spanned Fifty Years
- 02/02 An introduction to Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- 01/26 Malala Yousafzai’s UN speech set to music
- 01/22 John Rutter: 'Money's like petrol. You only notice when the tank is empty'
- 01/19 Roberta Peters, Soprano With a Dramatic Entrance, Dies at 86
- 01/15 Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Petrenko
- 01/12 10 impossible classical masterpieces
- 01/05 Georges Prêtre: Conductor who forged a special partnership with Maria Callas in his 70-year career
- 01/03 Karel Husa, a renown Czech-born composer, spent his last years in Apex
- 12/26 Pianist Martha Argerich on remarkable career
- 12/25 Singers in Russian Military Choir Among 92 Feared Dead After Plane Crashes Into Black Sea
- 12/20 Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, Gatti, Barbican
- 12/07 The Best Classical Music of 2016
- 12/05 BBC Radio 3 to record music by ‘lost’ female composers
- 11/29 Academic denies irresponsibility in Sotheby's Beethoven manuscript row
- 11/16 Music aficionados are reviewing this incorrect Beethoven t-shirt and it’s hilarious
- 11/06 Zoltán Kocsis, pianist and 'giant of music', dies aged 64
- 11/01 BBC Proms announces Dubai dates
- 10/16 10 Questions for Conductor Sir John Eliot Gardiner
- 10/09 RIP Peter Allen, a Voice on the Radio for the Met Opera
- 10/03 Sir Neville Marriner on studying violin during the Blitz
- 09/28 Simon Keenlyside in ‘Don Giovanni’ [ Video ]
- 09/16 St Kilda lost songs album tops classical music chart
- 09/09 Antonio Pappano on Norma
- 08/29 Female Conductors: time to take the baton
- 08/20 Jules Buckley, the Conductor who is on a mission to rid the Proms of its image
- 08/14 David Lang's 'the public domain' Beats the Heat
- 08/03 Grisey: Les Espaces Acoustiques CD review – profound and with a huge physical presence
WCPE About Us: FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions )
Have a question for us? You can send us email: ! But before you do, you might want to check our list of Freqently Asked Questions for the answer you seek...
- Where can I buy a piece of music I heard on WCPE?
WCPE's partnership with ArkivMusic means you can buy CDs through our website daily playlists, and your purchases benefit WCPE!
- I want to comment on a musical selection... Who do I contact?
If you have a suggestion for our Music Director, you may send email to email@example.com.
- What was that music I heard this morning?
Good news! You can look up our playlists online! We offer about a week's worth of playlists for you to browse through.
- What's the music behind the "Sleepers, Awake" and "Music in the Night" themes?
The "Sleepers, Awake!" theme is taken from Johann Sebastian Bach's "Sleepers, Awake!" portion of his Cantata 140.
The music you hear behind the "Music in the Night" intro is Massenet's "Meditation from Thaïs." (Taken from the CD "French Connections", Virgo 61109; English Chamber Orchestra led by Paul Tortelier.)
- How can I hear WCPE on the internet?
WCPE streams our audio over the internet in 5 different formats (Windows Media, Real Audio, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and QuickTime). How to Listen on the Internet
- I'm having trouble receiving you on my satellite receiver
Check out our satellite information page for help and a list of the basic equipment you'll need to hear us from anywhere in North America. If you need further help, send us email.
- How can I get my cable company to provide WCPE on their channel line-up?
WCPE provides its signal free to any cable company across the country. Contact your local cable company to request the addition of WCPE; or contact our Outreach Specialist, Curtis Brothers, for assistance.
- Are you really listener-supported? I hear the announcers read ads on the station!
WCPE is indeed listener-supported. The brief 15-second announcements you hear are designed to thank WCPE listeners who support the station. Some listeners merely want to be thanked by name, while other WCPE patron-listeners also happen to be business owners who request their announcement to be associated with their business to promote a sense of good will for their profession. If you've been to a symphony or other musical concert, you'll notice the printed program for the concert includes a list of individual and business patrons. The on-air thank you is a similar concept. It is not intended in any way to sell product for any business.
- Where are you located?
The WCPE studios are located in Rolesville, NC... a small town adjacent to Wake Forest (which, in turn, is just north of Raleigh, NC). Click here to view a map.
- I've moved... I need to give you my new address.
Contact our Membership Director with your new information.
- I still haven't received my Thank You Gift from the Pledge Drive!
We strive to deliver your Thank You Gift as promptly as possible, but it sometimes takes a couple of months for our volunteers to complete the huge job of mailing out thousands of these gifts. You can feel free to contact our Premiums Coordinator if you think your thank-you gift has been lost in the mail.